Dylan O'Brien 'Came Close To Dying': Shocking Comment About The Maze Runner Accident

Kim McLendon

Dylan O'Brien was seriously injured on March 17 during the filming of Maze Runner: Death Cure. New information about the accident has come to light, one piece at a time, over the last six months. Now a very shocking comment has been made, almost in passing, during an interview about another topic entirely.

Dylan O'Brien nearly died, movie producer Lorenzo di Bonaventura explained to the Hollywood Reporter in an interview. Fans were told at the time that Dylan's situation was not life threatening, but Bonaventura alleged, the statements made about O'Brien's condition following the accident were untrue.

"He's all better. It was more than disconcerting. I never saw him in his worst form, but it was described to me. It was really scary. He came close to dying, I'm pretty sure. It was enough to shake your core."

Dylan O'Brien was seriously injured last March while making the movie Maze Runner: Death Cure. The initial reports were frightening and included the details that Dylan had been hit by a car and that he had broken bones. After that came the official report.

"I just want to let everyone know that yes, Dylan was hurt, but that he's going to be okay. Not life threatening in any way."

Was Teen Wolf star Dylan O'Brien's life actually in peril while fans were being told that his injuries were not life threatening? That seems to be what producer Lorenzo di Bonaventura is saying, though he gave no other details and seemed to mention the earth shattering news only in passing when the interviewer inquired about O'Brien's health.

More information has come to light over the past two months that seems to indicate that Dylan O'Brien was injured far worse than fans were told. The Inquisitr has more detailed information from previous reports about the accident.

RELATED REPORTS FROM THE INQUISITR

Is Dylan O'Brien OK? Months After 'The Maze Runner 2' Accident The 'Teen Wolf' Star Is Still Recovering From Facial Injuries

Is 'Teen Wolf' Star Dylan O'Brien Returning To Work? 'Maze Runner 3' And Other Movies Are Scheduled But He's Not On Any Sets Yet

'Teen Wolf's' Dylan O'Brien Still Hasn't Returned To Work After 'Maze Runner' Accident?

Dylan O'Brien, according to the most current information, was seriously injured even though reports at the time made those injuries seem relatively minor, alleging that O'Brien would be back to work within weeks. Huffington Post uncovered this report back in June alleging that Fox and Maze Runner could be at fault, according to an ongoing investigation by the Canadian government's WorksafeBC.

"British Columbia's work-safety agency says a film production company 'failed' to ensure the safety of workers on the set of Maze Runner: The Death Cure when actor Dylan O'Brien was injured in March. WorksafeBC says an actor was injured March 17 after a change to an action sequence in the film."

Will Dylan O'Brien ever return to complete Maze Runner: Death Cure?

[Featured Image by Dimitrios Kambouris/Getty Images]

ALL CONTENT © 2008 - 2021 THE INQUISITR.