Dancing with the Stars moves into its second week of competition on Monday, September 19, and it’s a big week for all 13 couples who will dance to iconic television theme songs during “TV Night,” followed by the first elimination of the season that will take place during the two-hour results show on Tuesday, September 20.
All 13 celebrities and their pro dance partners will get a chance to show off their dance moves on Monday night, but even a perfect score may not be enough to save one couple from elimination. On Tuesday night, the first elimination of the season will be based on a combination of the judges’ and viewers scores from both last week’s DWTS Season premiere (see the leaderboard below) and Monday night’s performances.
Who will face elimination on the first DWTS results show on Tuesday night? Find out which songs the couples will be dancing to on Monday night and the latest intel on the couple who is rumored to be leaving at the end of Tuesday night’s live results show.
According to ABC, each couple will perform a cha cha, Argentine Tango, jive, Paso Doble, tango, quickstep or Viennese Waltz to a variety of TV theme songs on Monday night. Brady Bunch fans will love watching Maureen McCormick do a quickstep with partner Artem Chigvintsev to the popular ’80s show theme song. Amber Rose will bring some dark fantasy to the stage when she performs a Viennese Waltz to the Game of Thrones theme with her partner Maksim Chmerkovskiy.
And there’s more — check out the full lineup of Monday night’s TV Night dances below.
- Jake T. Austin & Jenna Johnson – cha cha – “Go, Diego, Go! Theme”
- Kenny “Babyface” Edmonds & Allison Holker – Argentine Tango – “The X-Files Theme”
- Marilu Henner & Derek Hough – foxtrot – “Taxi Theme”
- Laurie Hernandez & Valentin Chmerkovskiy – jive – “Ducktails”
- James Hinchcliffe & Sharna Burgess – Paso Doble – “A Tribute to Walking Dead”
- Calvin Johnson Jr. & Lindsay Arnold – foxtrot – “Family Matters Theme”
- Terra Jolé & Sasha Farber – quickstep – “Bewitched”
- Jana Kramer & Gleb Savchenko – tango – “I Don’t Want to Be” from “One Tree Hill”
- Ryan Lochte & Cheryl Burke – quickstep – “The Muppet Show Theme”
- Maureen McCormick & Artem Chigvintsev – quickstep – “Brady Bunch Theme”
- Rick Perry & Emma Slater – quickstep – “Green Acres Theme”
- Amber Rose & Maksim Chmerkovskiy – Viennese Waltz – “Game of Thrones Theme”
- Vanilla Ice (Robert Van Winkle) & Witney Carson – foxtrot – “Love and Marriage” from “Married…with Children”
Scores from Monday night’s “TV Night” performances will be combined with last week’s scores to determine who will be going home during Tuesday night’s live results show. Here’s a look at last week’s leaderboard and some thoughts on who will be heading home at the end of Week 2’s two-night event.
According to Buddy TV, two couples tied for first place on the DWTS Season premiere leaderboard — James Hinchcliffe and Sharna Burgess, and Laurie Hernandez and Valentin Chmerkovskiy. If they continue to impress the judges and do well with fan votes, viewers can expect to see both couples move on to Week 2.
Here’s a look at the Week 1 leaderboard to keep you in-the-know as we head into the Week 2 performances.
- James Hinchcliffe, Laurie Hernandez — 31
- Marilu Henner, Jana Kramer — 27
- Calvin Johnson, Kenny “Babyface” Edmonds, Terra Jole — 26
- Vanilla Ice — 25
- Amber Rose, Ryan Lochte — 24
- Maureen McCormick, Jake T. Austin — 22
- Rick Perry — 20
During the live results show on Tuesday night, all 13 couples will do a repeat performance of their dances from Monday night’s “TV Night” show. The two-hour results show will also include special performances by pros Maks, Derek, and Cheryl as well as interviews with this season’s couples, and a look ahead at the Week 3 performances.
Host Tom Bergeron will announce the couples who are in jeopardy during the results show and, at the end of the two-hour show, name the celebrity who will be the first to go home on DWTS Season 23.
Who will leave on Tuesday night? It’s all based on the combined scores from Week 1 (September 12) and Week 2 (September 18) shows and votes from fans, so anything can happen.
Buddy TV‘s John Kubicek says it’s a “season filled with a lot of mediocrity” when it comes to ranking the performances, so the fans votes are definitely needed to boost some of the couples who aren’t all that talented on the dance floor. A previous report from the Inquisitr has a complete list of the DWTS Season 23 voting phone numbers and the newly updated voting instructions for both phone-in and online voting.
Fans will have a better idea who may be leaving on Tuesday night once the judges’ scores are in at the end of Monday night’s show, but based on last week’s performances, the celebrities who are rumored to be on the chopping block this week are Rick Perry, Ryan Lochte, and Maureen McCormick.
Watch this week’s two-night Dancing with the Stars event on September 19 and 20 starting at 8 p.m. ET on ABC.
[Featured Image by Disney ABC Press]