Sandy Hook School: Man Charged With Threatening Violence On First Day Of School [Video]

Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newtown, Connecticut, is brand new. It was rebuilt after the horrific 2012 shooting that cost 20 children and six teachers their lives.

The Sandy Hook school shooting was allegedly carried out by 20-year-old Adam Lanza, who also killed his mother before descending upon and shooting up the school. He then reportedly killed himself as police surrounded him to take him into custody for his crimes.

Sandy Hook school is now fully operational and just got into gear for the beginning of the 2016-2017 school year. Unfortunately, someone allegedly decided to take advantage of the school’s tragic (and somewhat controversial) past. That person was allegedly 28-year-old Pierre Beauvil, and police say that he opted to terrorize the students, teachers, and faculty at Sandy Hook school by calling in a threat that was allegedly to take place on the first day of the new school year.

Reportedly, the call was made to the new Sandy Hook school a couple of weeks ago. During the call, the caller allegedly asked school’s main office staff when the new school year would be starting. As Fox News reports, the Sandy Hook school staff told the caller that the first day of school would be August 29. That’s when police allege that the caller made a threat of violence against Sandy Hook school that he threatened to carry it out when the children came back for the first day of the new year.

Police immediately began investigating the threatening phone call received by Sandy Hook school, and on Friday, they made an arrest in the case. They determined that the call had come from Pierre Beauvil, and as such, they charged the 28-year-old with threatening, harassment, and breach of peace. According to reports, police are from multiple agencies are looking into whether or not the man who allegedly threatened violence to come at Sandy Hook school may have also threatened other local Connecticut schools.

Sandy Hook school has been the target of much public and media scrutiny since the shooting attack that took place at the end of 2015. In the wake of the carnage, a slew of alt-right conspiracy theorists and alternative media personalities questioned whether or not the attack on Sandy Hook school was authentic or if it may have been somehow staged.

o

As Politifact reports, the rumors surrounding the Sandy Hook school shooting have reached the highest level of government. Even current presidential candidate Hillary Clinton has spoken publicly about the subject. Reportedly, Hillary Clinton got involved in the Sandy Hook “truther” debate when she called out statements allegedly made by pro-Trump right-wing media personality, Alex Jones.

Jones is also a well-known conspiracy theorist who runs the questionable website Infowars.

He’s also no fan of Hillary Clinton’s.

Just last week on August 25, Hillary Clinton called out Jones for allegedly publicly claiming that no one died at Sandy Hook.

“[Jones] even said, and this really just is so disgusting, he even said the victims of the Sandy Hook massacre were child actors and no one was actually killed there. I don’t know what happens in somebody’s mind or how dark their heart must be to say things like that.”

In response, Jones told the world that Hillary got her facts incorrect and that he’d never said anything of the kind.

“They can’t find anywhere where I have said that I know the kids killed at Sandy Hook were actors or that it didn’t happen.”

Politifact researched the Sandy Hook spat between Clinton and Jones and unearthed an excerpt of an old episode of The Alex Jones Show in which Jones discussed the Sandy Hook school shooting with a caller.

“Yeah, so, Sandy Hook is a synthetic completely fake with actors, in my view, manufactured. I couldn’t believe it at first. I knew they had actors there, clearly, but I thought they killed some real kids. And it just shows how bold they are, that they clearly used actors. I mean they even ended up using photos of kids killed in mass shootings here in a fake mass shooting in Turkey — so yeah, or Pakistan. The sky is now the limit. I appreciate your call.”

Not surprisingly, in the aftermath of a school shooting that reportedly left 26 victims shot to death, 20 of them children, the general public doesn’t take too kindly to people who question that people lost their lives at Sandy Hook school. Or to people who call in threats to Sandy Hook school and threaten violence when the last violence is still so fresh in the minds of the community and world.

Understandably, the administration of Sandy Hook school and local law enforcement take threats against the school very seriously. Particularly when it has become the target of radical conspiracy theorists so frequently since the 2012 shooting.

Currently, Pierre Beauvil is being held on $150,000 bail and it is unknown if he has retained defense counsel after being charged with calling in a violent threat to Sandy Hook Elementary School.

[Image via Ron Frank/Shutterstock]