Conor McGregor Says He’d ‘Slap The Head Off’ The Entire WWE Roster, WWE Stars Respond

While promoting his upcoming rematch with Nate Diaz at UFC 202, Conor McGregor called out the entire WWE locker room, saying that everybody in WWE is a “p***y.” He received a ton of backlash from WWE fans for his comment, and on Sunday, he took another shot at the WWE locker room, as he said that he’d slap the head off of every WWE superstar.

Just a couple of hours later, MVP, who is not with WWE at the moment, responded to McGregor’s claim.

MVP wasn’t the only pro wrestler to respond to McGregor’s comment, as both Kurt Angle and Roman Reigns had some pretty strong words for the current UFC Featherweight Champ. “@TheNotoroiusMMA @WWE very funny little guy. Why don’t you get your head out of Dana White’s a**,” tweeted Kurt Angle.

So far, McGregor hasn’t fired back at anyone, but you can bet that he’ll be asked about the backlash from the WWE fans and superstars in the days leading up to UFC 202.

MVP also had a few follow-up tweets, as he felt the need to respond to some of the MMA purists calling him a “fake wrestler.” He let it be known that he’s done a lot of grappling over the last couple of years, and that he doesn’t just “play fight.”

MVP also said that he doesn’t dislike McGregor and that he knows exactly why the Featherweight Champ is bashing WWE.

“I do not dislike Conor McGregor. He’s just making money and getting people to talk. But I bet on Nate Diaz last fight. I’ll bet on Diaz again.”

On Friday, Chris Jericho responded to McGregor’s comment by saying “I’ve never heard of him,” which was Jericho’s way of firing back.

We’re a little under two weeks away from UFC 202, which airs live on pay-per-view the night before WWE’s SummerSlam show, which the UFC helped hype up back at UFC 200. As of this writing, Conor McGregor is a slight favorite over Nate Diaz. However, many people, including the aforementioned MVP, are picking Diaz to pick up another win in the rematch.

There were some who thought that Conor McGregor was going to head to WWE after he was removed from the UFC 200 card several months ago. In fact, WWE even hyped the possibility of McGregor coming in on their official YouTube channel. But, because of his negative comments about the product, he probably won’t be heading to the worldwide leader in sports-entertainment anytime soon.

While McGregor did bash the entire WWE locker room, he praised Vince McMahon, Triple H, and Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson. So it’s clear that he has respect for some of the company’s top guys.

Conor McGregor talks about WWE roster
Conor McGregor [Photo by Steve Marcus/Getty Images]

UFC 202 is expected to be one of this year’s biggest pay-per-views. The first bout between Diaz and McGregor ended up being one of the most successful pay-per-views of all-time. According to McGregor, his first fight with Diaz was the most watched pay-per-view in UFC history, but others have said that it wasn’t quite as successful as UFC 100, which was the most successful UFC pay-per-view ever.

Right now, McGregor is the ultimate heel to pro wrestling fans, and if he loses on August 20, he’ll probably never hear the end of it from pro wrestling fans and pro wrestlers. Of course, he’ll still be the UFC Featherweight Champion if he loses, because his fight with Diaz is taking place at welterweight. So, McGregor will still have something to brag about even if he loses.

It seems quite clear that McGregor will have a rematch with Jose Aldo after he fights Nate Diaz. As for when that fight takes place, well, that depends on a lot of things. But we do know that it’ll take place at some point within the next six months, barring injury.

[Photo by Steve Marcus/Getty Images]