Adrienne Maloof scored a court victory over her soon-to-be ex-husband when a California judge granted her a restraining order against Paul Nassif, as well as temporary custody of her three sons.
The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills star accused her estranged hubby, Nassif, of physical abuse, including an incident where he allegedly choked one of their boys last week, reports E! Online.
A publicist for Maloof has confirmed the ruling, but declined to give more information about it. Meanwhile, Nassif and his legal team have strongly denied the allegations of abuse.
Adrienne Maloof filed the temporary restraining order request against Nassif on September 19, in which she told the court that her son Colin had told her that his father had “choked him with one hand” last Thursday.
Charles Sophy, a doctor with extensive experience with child abuse, stated that Collin told him about the choking incident, as well as when Paul Nassif pulled him from the bathtub and, “slapped him on his wet bare bottom.” Sophy certified for the court that:
“I sat down with the children, and I observed no sign of embellishment. I found them to be completely credible.”
Radar Online notes that multiple sources have told them:
“DCFS has launched an investigation into the abuse allegations involving Paul Nassif. Social workers will be meeting with Adrienne Maloof, Paul Nassif and the three children. Any time there are allegations of abuse involving children, DCFS is required by law to launch an investigation. It’s truly sad that it has come to this.”
The temporary restraining order lasts until October 9 and prohibits Nassif from contacting or seeing both Maloof and the couples’ children. On October 9, a hearing will take place to determine if the restraining order will be made permanent.
Paul Nassif filed for divorce from Adrienne Maloof in August, and has asked for joint custody of the couples’ three sons. Adrienne, however, is fighting for primary custody of Gavin, Christian, and Collin.