For all of you who are on Tinder and thought that Zac Efron profile you came across was merely a catfish attempt can now rest assured even someone as good looking as Zac Efron can get left-swiped on a dating site.
For celebrities, dating is a larger minefield than for regular people. After all, they have to search through the dedicated fans to find their chance at love. When Zac Efron took to Tinder to try his hand at love, it turns out that site can be a minefield as well. Many fans chose to left swipe across the actor’s profile, assuming the profile was a fake.
“Amazingly, when I signed up for Tinder, nobody swiped me. “They thought it was fake,” Zac Efron recently told the Sunday Times in an interview. “Dating is something I’ll never be able to do, as in the dictionary definition of dating. Because one way or another, I’ve impacted that person’s life and they’ll soon realize it.”
Maybe Zac Efron needs to try something else? Back in the 90s, Luke Perry famously married a fan who he connected with after she sent him her bra. But are there are plenty of other celebrities who have found love among their fanbase. Let’s have a look at some of the places Zac Efron could check out to find love.
- For Ruben Studdard, of American Idol fame, love took the form of “love at first sight” in Walmart of all places. He was signing CDs for fans when he was instantly attracted to Zuri McCants. The pair married in 2008 but later divorced in 2012. A random sighting in the crowd also worked for Steve Harvey. He first spotted his wife in the audience of one of his comedy gigs. Conan O’Brien also gazed out across his audience and saw his wife for the first time in the crowd. Maybe Zac Efron should take up comedy more often?
- Style Blazer reports that Nicolas Cage met his current wife, Alice Kim, at a restaurant. She was his waitress and they struck up a conversation after Kim admitted to loving Cage’s work. Perhaps Zac Efron needs to dine out more often? In fact, for celebrities who fall for their fans, restaurants seem to be a great place to pick up. Matt Damon also met his wife, Luciana Bozan, at a restaurant.
- The hairdressers is another place Zac Efron should consider. After all, Doctor McDreamy, Patrick Dempsey, met his wife, Jillian Fink, after he started getting his hair cut at the salon she worked for.
- One of the most famous fan and celebrity hook ups was between Elvis Presley and Priscilla Wagner. This famous couple met after they were introduced at a party. Perhaps Zac Efron should hit up his friends for a potential date?
- If Zac is particularly worried about dating someone who may not understand the acting world but doesn’t want to date another actor, he could perhaps look to the crew on his latest movie. After all, that’s where production assistant Cash Warren met Jessica Alba. According to Bustle, Reese Witherspoon also met her husband within the industry. Her husband, Jim Toth, worked for the company that repped Witherspoon. As Bustle points out, it is literally Toth’s job “to be Witherspoon’s biggest advocate.”
- And, of course, we can’t forget the celebrity arena itself. While Zac Efron has dated many stars previously, it is still one of the perfect places to find romance. After all, dating an actor means he doesn’t have to explain the acting world and all its trappings to them.
What do you think of Zac Efron signing up for Tinder? Let us know your thoughts by commenting below.
[Photo by Mark Metcalfe/Getty Images]