With the first Hillary Clinton-Donald Trump presidential debate booked for September 26, the previously scheduled first venue has announced they are pulling out of the arrangement to host, citing "a growing crescendo of concern" regarding the expenses to cover additional security for the campus and the community, but the nominee hype continues anyway for the various campaigns.
Wright State University President David R. Hopkins announced the decision, according to the story from Jim Hannah on the school website recently. Hopkins stated that while they were "fully aware of the challenges and were prepared to meet them when we decided to host " the Clinton-Trump debate. But ultimately, "the situation changed. "
"This is a very difficult decision, [b]ut there has been a growing crescendo of concern about what it would take to guarantee the safety and security of the campus and the community. The expense would be daunting."Safety, financial health "must" come first
President Hopkins stated that it "weighed heavily" upon his heart, in fact, because he "really wanted this experience for our students." He summed up his own priorities then.
"But the safety and the financial health of our university must take precedence."But Wright University's State Board of Trustees is apparently in full support of the decision not to host the Clinton-Trump debate in September. Board Chair Michael Bridges believes it is "the responsible thing" which needs to be done.
"It's the responsible thing to do. While the community has been overwhelmingly supportive of Wright State hosting the debate, the safety and security of the campus and community is of paramount importance."Media hype
Of course, the Clinton-Trump debate is not so far away now that the verbal sniping could not begin, coming just upon the big Party Convention endings in July for nominees Clinton and Trump. The brash one is tweeting messages and debate complaints about "rigging" the debate system while the the narcissist promotes herself to the Twitterverse.
Here is Trump's tweet.
As usual, Hillary & the Dems are trying to rig the debates so 2 are up against major NFL games. Same as last time w/ Bernie. Unacceptable!And here is Clinton's tweet, which links to her own website and the "Clinton hace historia" moment which must have somewhat rankled writer Sheila Gibbons over at Womens enews, who has argued in the past about acknowledging but not focusing upon gender because it comes at the expense of actual achievements and qualifications.
— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) July 30, 2016
Headlines for the history books. https://t.co/K7GWRf2KM4Security briefings
— Hillary Clinton (@HillaryClinton) July 29, 2016
Per the story by writer Christiano Lima over at Politico, Trump has already begun his criticism of the former Senator recently acquitted by the Federal Bureau of Investigation late on Friday, but from the Washington Times, it appears before the Clinton-Trump debate in September arrives, he will be questioning whether or not Clinton should be trusted with security briefings.
Writer David Sherfinski quoted Trump, who had appeared on host Greta Van Susteren's show On the Record Thursday evening, which is a Fox News program.
"I said yesterday, long before they even thought of it, I said that she shouldn't get it. She deleted 33,000 emails. You saw what the FBI said, she was negligent."If other Party candidates can get an invite onto the public stage, Green Party's Jill Stein or Libertarian Party's Gary Johnson, voters may opt out of the choice for either Trump or Clinton this year. Maybe they would be a breath of fresh air this year to weary, wary voters watching from home.
[Photo by Andrew Harnik/AP Images]