John Cena was used rather sparingly on WWE Monday Night RAW this week, simply cutting an in-ring promo on AJ Styles as they build towards their “WrestleMania dream match” at WWE Money in the Bank 2016. Styles came to the ring, flanked by fellow Bullet Club members Karl Anderson and Luke Gallows. Interestingly, John Cena referred to them as “The Bullet Club” instead of just “The Club” as WWE has been doing lately. Regardless, The New Day prevented a 3-on-1 beat-down of John Cena. Setting up a 6-Man Tag Team Match main event, Cena wouldn’t be seen for the remainder of the program, save the very last minute.
— WWE (@WWE) June 7, 2016
Several people were missing from WWE RAW this week, most notably Shane McMahon, WWE World Heavyweight Champion Roman Reigns, and No. 1 contender Seth Rollins. Making up for her brother’s absence, Stephnie received plenty of screen time to talk about the SmackDown general manager position that needs to be filled. Separate video packages were shown to represent the missing former Shield members who will headline MITB 2016.
The full results for this week’s WWE Monday Night RAW and the updated match-list for the WWE Money in the Bank 2016 card are below. This week’s episode of WWE RAW was taped at the Chesapeake Energy Arena in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma.
WWE Monday Night RAW results
The following includes all of the matches and their results from WWE RAW on June 6.
- Cesaro defeated Chris Jericho
- Rusev defeated Jack Swagger by count out — Rusev threw Swagger into Titus O’Neil (who was doing guest commentary) leading to the count out.
- The Vaudevillains defeated Enzo Amore & Big Cass by disqualification — After Aiden English tried to replicate the circumstances under which Enzo suffered a concussion, Big Cass ignored the referee in his brutal attack of English and was disqualified.
- Alberto Del Rio defeated Sami Zayn
- Dean Ambrose defeated Kevin Owens
- Tyler Breeze vs. R-Truth resulted in a No Contest — Both Goldust and Fandango got involved in the match shortly after it started.
- The Club (AJ Styles, Karl Anderson & Luke Gallows) defeated The New Day — When The [Bullet] Club continued to beat on The New Day post-match, John Cena made the save.
Other updates and storyline progressions:
- All 6 MITB Ladder Match contenders were in the ring (all sitting atop their own ladders) and when the trash-talking turned physical, Teddy Long made a surprise return. Saying he was there because he wanted to be the General Manager of SmackDown, he was dismissed by Stephanie after he started talking gibberish. She set up all of the singles matches between the six WWE Superstars. Later in the show, Stephanie is seen talking to Teddy Long, and she steals his idea of booking a Fatal 4-Way Tag Team Championship Match at WWE Money in the Bank.
- An incredibly long video package played showing the history of Roman Reigns and Seth Rollins from the latter’s perspective. Later in the show, a similar video was shown from Roman’s perspective.
- John Cena cut an in-ring promo, calling AJ Styles out for using The Bullet Club instead of just facing him man-to-man. The Club came out and Styles ultimately said that Gallows and Anderson were his insurance policies to make sure he doesn’t get “buried” by John Cena. The Club was about to attack John Cena, but Cena was saved by The New Day.
- WWE Women’s Champion Charlotte came out to the ring to cut an in-ring promo with Dana Brooke at her side. They were interrupted by Natalya and Becky Lynch. A brawl broke out, and the blonde heels walked away with the upper hand.
- Another vignette aired for The Shining Stars as they promote Puerto Rico.
- Darren Young and Bob Backlund were shown in another edition of “Make Darren Young Great Again.”
RELATED REPORTS BY THE INQUISITR
- Larry Wilmore On ‘The Nightly Show’ — Is Pro Wrestling Racist? [WWE News]
- WWE News: ‘Total Divas’ Recap: Nikki Bella Says ‘I Am Basically A Wife’
- Who Are The ‘Bullet Club’ And Why Do They Matter? [WWE News]
- WWE News — ‘NXT TakeOver: Dallas’ (The Live Experience & Results)
- Recap: WWE ‘Total Divas’ Recap — Nikki Bella Rehabs Injury With John Cena [WWE News]
Updated WWE Money in the Bank Match-List
- WWE World Heavyweight Championship Match: Roman Reigns (c) vs. Seth Rollins
- Money in the Bank Ladder Match: Sami Zayn vs. Cesaro vs. Kevin Owens vs. Dean Ambrose vs. Chris Jericho vs. Alberto Del Rio vs. TBD
- Fatal 4-Way Tag Team Championship Match: The New Day (c) vs. The Club vs. The Vaudevillains vs. Enzo Amore & Big Cass
- John Cena vs. AJ Styles
- WWE United States Championship Match: Rusev (c) vs. Titus O’Neil (unconfirmed)
Unless otherwise noted, matches were confirmed at WWE’s official Money in the Bank preview page.
Where To Watch
WWE Money in the Bank 2016 airs live on the WWE Network on Sunday, June 19, at 8/7c. The WWE Money in the Bank Kick-off Show begins at 7/6c.
WWE Monday Night RAW airs live on the USA Network at 8/7c. Replays of WWE RAW aren’t made available on the WWE Network until several weeks after the original air date. However, a 90-minute version of Monday Night RAW is available to stream on-demand the following day with a Hulu Plus subscription.
[Image via WWE]