Calvin Harris Breaks Silence, Cancels More Gigs, And Rests Up After Car Crash

Calvin Harris is finally speaking out after his horrific car accident last week. The 32-year-old DJ was the passenger in a Cadillac SUV that was struck by a 16-year-old driver in a Volkswagen Beetle.

The “How Deep Is Your Love” producer took to Twitter on Friday, May 27, to thank his fans for their love and support.

“Thank you so much for your messages and sorry to any disappointment I caused with the show cancellations,” Harris wrote on Twitter. “I’m feeling lucky and very grateful [right now].”

Last weekend, Calvin – whose real name is Adam Wiles – was hospitalized in Los Angeles after the car accident. Although he only suffered a laceration on his face, Calvin was informed by doctors to get some rest. Following doctor’s orders, he has canceled his upcoming gigs.

Although a previous report on E! News claimed that Harris was still scheduled to perform at OMNIA nightclub this weekend, Harris is still not well enough to take the stage again. On Thursday, it was announced on his Facebook page once again that he is canceling two more shows.

“Adam is still recovering from the injuries sustained in the car accident last Friday,” a statement read on Harris’ Facebook page on Thursday, May 26. “Unfortunately, as a result he will not be able to perform in Las Vegas at Hakkasan tonight, 5/26 and Omnia tomorrow, 5/27. He has asked us to pass on his apologies to everyone who was due to attend the shows and hopes to be back to his normal schedule soon.”

Taylor Swift, who’s been dating Harris for over a year, has been by her boyfriend’s side after his scary ordeal. Sources told E! News that she was the first one who Harris contacted shortly after his accident. Another source exlusively confirmed to Hollywood Life that Swift was upset to receive a call from Harris after his accident, but was relieved to learn that he was okay.

A third source close to Swift told Us Weekly that she dropped all her previous plans and rushed to be by Calvin’s side. She’s been taking good care of him, and making sure that he’s okay.

“Calvin called her immediately after the crash. She raced over to see him. She’s nursing him back to health. All Taylor wants is to be there for him.”

However, Swift wasn’t there when Harris was involved in the wreck. She’s been so worried about her boyfriend that she promised him she would never leave his side again. But that’s going to be hard the next time Swift promotes her new album and tours around the world, as Harris performs his gigs across the country.

“Taylor has told Calvin that she doesn’t want him doing anything for the next few days, and when she sees him she will be waiting on him hand and foot. Calvin doesn’t want a fuss made, but she’s not going to give him any choice in that matter. She will be catering to him for everything he needs, even if that includes driving him around or making him a cup of tea.”

On the other hand, Harris may enjoy having his superstar girlfriend take care of him. The source then revealed that Swift was the one who suggested to Harris that he should take some time off until he feels 100 percent better.

“She wants Calvin to make sure he really does take the time off needed to recover from the car crash because he’s always running at a hundred miles an hour and doesn’t know when to stop. Taylor will make sure, this time, that he puts his feet up and doesn’t lift a finger until he’s better.”

Meanwhile, Calvin Harris’ new song “This Is What You Came For” featuring Rihanna has been burning up the music charts and airwaves. Hopefully, he’ll recover in time so that he can promote his new single and upcoming album.

[Photo by Kevin Winter/Getty Images for Coachella]