What Is The 80-20 Diet? How Olivia Munn Lost 12 Pounds

Olivia Munn has been the subject of plenty of entertainment pieces lately, especially when Munn explained why her face looked different since the past year, as reported by the Inquisitr. During that revelation, Munn took to her Instagram account to explain to her followers the beauty tips she used to make herself look better. Now Munn is gaining attention for her new slimmer look, as seen on the cover of Women’s Health below. With Olivia revealing that she followed the “80-20 Diet” to drop 12 pounds, folks have been wondering what the “80-20 Diet” is all about.

☀️ June 2016

A photo posted by Olivia Munn (@oliviamunn) on

As reported by Today, Olivia dropped 12 pounds using the “80-20 Diet.” However, Munn claimed that she wasn’t necessarily aiming to lose weight for her role in X-Men Apocalypse. Instead, Olivia said that she was simply trying to get in great shape and eat healthier.

The result of Munn adopting the “80-20 Diet” meant that she ended up losing weight due to changing her eating habits — and getting plenty of exercise during the filming of the movie. The”80-20 Diet” means that folks can eat fruits and veggies as 80 percent of their diet, and use the remaining 20 percent to indulge in sweets and other things they like.

The 80/20 Diet book by Teresa Cutter explains the “80-20 Diet” as eating well 80 percent of the time, and using the 20 percent left over to enjoy foods that are perhaps a bit decadent.

With recent findings from a obesity study claiming that calories don’t necessarily matter — and that healthy saturated fats in foods shouldn’t be feared, as reported by the Inquisitr— Munn’s “80-20 Diet” rationale sort of lines up with that theory. After all, if a person is eating fruits and veggies 80 percent of the time, that means they are getting lots of foods that are high in fiber and good nutrients. As long as they are also able to get enough protein within those parameters to help themselves feel full, they will likely lose weight.

Cutting back indulgences to only 20 percent of the time likely means cutting back on sugary desserts and sweets — and cutting back on alcohol, which would help a person lose weight as well.

While the jury is still out on the real effectiveness of the “80-20 Diet,” it is being praised by some folks because of how easily the “80-20 Diet” can be adapted into a person’s lifestyle as a permanent change. Some folks might undertake the “80-20 Diet” in a variety of ways. Whereas one person might adapt the “80-20 Diet” to eat mostly fresh fruits, veggies, and lean meats during the week and save their splurges on the weekends, others might view it as a way to eat mainly salads with lean chicken and eggs and veggies as the bulk of their daily diets — then save a sweet treat like a chocolatey protein bar as their 20 percent indulgence.

Either way, Munn’s beauty tips tend to get attention, such as when Olivia turned to Instagram to explain the real deal behind her 12-pound weight loss and other beauty habits.

“I lost 12 pounds this past year while training for Xmen. I kept it off by coming up w/an hour workout I do a few times a week. The weight loss leaned out my cheeks and jawline. Working out is also great for your skin because it increases blood flow to your face which helps rejuvenate.”

Along with her “80-20 Diet” eating, Munn wrote about reshaping her eyebrows so that it wouldn’t look like she was frowning.

[Photo by Omar Vega/Invision/AP]