Keith Green Case: Ex Girlfriend Among 3 Arrested in Connection With Murder of Missing California Father

On Saturday, law enforcement arrested at least two people in connection with the murder of a young Sonoma County, California father, Keith Green, who initially went missing in late April, according to The Mercury News.

ABC 7 San Francisco reports that one of those arrested regarding the crime was the man’s ex-girlfriend, Tiffany Li, the mother of one of his children.

Keith, 27, was last seen on April 28 at around 10 p.m., the Millbrae Patch reports. San Mateo Sheriff’s Detective Salvador Zuno indicated he left his home around that time, but left his wallet, vehicle, and several other of his personal belongings behind, according to the Patch.

ABC 7 News reports Keith was last seen at the Millbrae Pancake House.

The day after he vanished, an individual hiking in San Francisco’s Golden Gate Park found Keith’s cell phone, Hoodline reports.

Keith’s friends, concerned about the missing man, created a Facebook page specifically dedicated to finding him. Additionally, according to Hoodline, missing persons flyers were posted throughout the city in a effort to locate the missing man.

On Wednesday, May 11, the search for Keith ended when his lifeless, decomposing body was found by Sonoma County Sheriff’s deputies, according to The Daily Journal. It was dumped along a major highway and law enforcement believe the evidence found indicates Keith was murdered.

ABC 7 News reports that on May 21, authorities raided the Hillsborough home of Tiffany Li, Keith’s former girlfriend. She was taken into custody, along with Kaveh Bayat, her current boyfriend, sources told ABC 7 News.

NBC Bay Area notes that Li was arrested for conspiracy to commit murder and for murder, according to police.

The take down did not go unnoticed by Li’s neighbors, as several spoke with ABC 7 News stating the gate to Li’s home was knocked down by an armored police vehicle during the night. Officers then surrounded Li’s property and eventually took three different people into custody.

One of Li’s neighbors, Anna Lipton, told ABC 7 News police were in her yard while attempting to swarm Li’s home. They also used a bull horn or loud speaker, talking in both English and either Mandarin or Cantonese, trying to get the inhabitants of the residence to come out, Lipton said. Lipton also told NBC Bay Area she was awakened around 3:30 a.m. by all the commotion outside.

Lipton called the raid and the fact that police were seeking out Li due to a murder investigation, “…sad and… unsettling.”

After Keith vanished and before his body was found, his mother, Colleen Cudd, told The Daily Journal on the night he went missing he was going to meet the mother of his children. She added that Keith was a hard working man who had two jobs and loved his two young daughters deeply.

According to ABC 7 News, Keith had been staying with a family friend for the past six months. The friend, Angela Dunn, told the news media outlet Keith was going to meet the mother of his child to discuss custody. Dunn said as he left, she gave him a hug and told him, “…be true to yourself and be strong.”

The Daily Journal reports Keith’s mother had said he hired two attorneys in an attempt to resolve issues with an ongoing custody issue.

Keith was a former high school football quarterback who earned a partial scholarship to play the sport at Eastern Washington University, according to The Daily Journal. His coach at Aragon High School, Steve Sell, said of Keith, “He was a spectacular, gifted athlete… He was just a sweet kid… He was a great kid to coach.”

According to NBC Bay Area, police are not commenting on the case, and details regarding the third suspect arrested are not yet available.

[Photo by Larry W. Smith/Getty Images]