On Tuesday night, May 9, WWE will tape an episode of WWE Thursday Night SmackDown at the Wells Fargo Arena in Des Moines, Iowa. Already announced for the show on Monday Night RAW includes Roman Reigns vs. Luke Gallows of The Bullet Club and Sami Zayn teaming with Cesaro to face WWE Intercontinental Champion The Miz and Kevin Owens in tag team action.
For readers who like to know WWE spoilers as soon as possible, the results will be presented live as they become available, with exclusive live photos and videos from this contributor’s perspective at the SmackDown tapings.
- Dolph Ziggler pinned Viktor after a superkick (taped for WWE Main Event or possibly just a dark match).
- Colin Cassady pinned Curtis Axel (taped for Main Event).
- Apollo Crews pinned Stardust (taped for Main Event).
- Baron Corbin pinned Zack Ryder after the End of Days (taped for Main Event).
- Dean Ambrose opened SmackDown with an in-ring promo that was interrupted by Chris Jericho.
- Rusev defeated Sin Cara by submission.
- Renee Young interviews Emma and Dana Brooke backstage.
- Dana Brooke pinned Becky Lynch.
- Aiden English pinned Kofi Kingston.
- The Usos defeated Karl Anderson & Luke Gallows by disqualification when Gallows used a chair.
- Gorgeous Truth defeated Goldango.
- Charlotte and Ric Flair cut a promo about the “trauma” of Flair’s security issue at Raw.
- The Miz & Kevin Owens defeated Cesaro & Sami Zayn.
In addition to AJ Styles’ friend Gallows taking on WWE World Heavyweight Champion Roman Reigns, the team of Gorgeous Truth (R-Truth and Tyler Breeze) are scheduled for tag team action against Goldango (Goldust and Fandango).
Given the way Dean Ambrose and Chris Jericho ended WWE RAW last night, there’s a good chance they’ll have some words for each other at the SmackDown tapings. Could they finally announce their next match at WWE Extreme Rules 2016 that’s now less than two weeks away?
RELATED REPORTS BY THE INQUISITR
- Larry Wilmore On ‘The Nightly Show’ — Is Pro Wrestling Racist? [WWE News]
- WWE News: ‘Total Divas’ Recap: Nikki Bella Says ‘I Am Basically A Wife’
- Who Are The ‘Bullet Club’ And Why Do They Matter? [WWE News]
- WWE News — ‘NXT TakeOver: Dallas’ (The Live Experience & Results)
- Recap: WWE ‘Total Divas’ Recap — Nikki Bella Rehabs Injury With John Cena [WWE News]
The Lucha Dragons were tweeting to the WWE Universe in the Hawkeye State, so fans can expect a confrontation between WWE United States Champion Kalisto and his No. 1 Contender for WWE Extreme Rules, Rusev. Last night, Kalisto interfered on Sin Cara’s behalf in his match against the Bulgarian Brute, helping his tag team partner pick up the win. There’s a good chance Rusev and Lana won’t respond kindly to Kalisto’s actions.
WWE Women’s Champion Charlotte suffered a loss to former WWE Divas Champion Paige, although she was being distracted by Shane McMahon and the security in Omaha dragging her two-time WWE Hall of Fame father Ric Flair to the back after he was banned from being ringside during his daughter’s match. Perhaps Charlotte’s No. 1 contender at Extreme Rules, Natalya, will be in action on SmackDown.
In addition to WWE Thursday Night SmackDown, episodes of WWE Main Event are generally taped on Tuesday nights. If updates are available for Main Event, they will be posted here as well.
The episode of WWE SmackDown taped in Des Moines, Iowa, on Tuesday, May 10, 2016, can be seen on the USA Network Thursday night at 7 p.m. EST. For those who are unable to attend it live and don’t have access to cable programming, Thursday Night SmackDown will be available for viewing on Hulu Plus beginning Friday. Replays of WWE Thursday Night SmackDown are available to stream on-demand via the WWE Network several weeks after the show airs on the USA Network.
[Photo credit WWE]