Note: The following contains spoilers for WWE NXT, airing on April 27, and WWE Thursday Night SmackDown, airing on April 28.
With just days until WWE Payback, Thursday Night SmackDown will once again feature WWE World Heavyweight Champion Roman Reigns in the main event, allowing The Bullet Club (Karl Anderson and Luke Gallows) the opportunity to get involved once again, with or without the consent of AJ Styles. Sunday’s battle over the WWE Women’s Championship — and the Hart/Flair legacies — was given ample attention, as were the three other title-related Payback matches.
Meanwhile, on WWE NXT, the now infamous NXT Championship Match featuring Finn Balor vs. Samoa Joe will finally air. Joe won the title at a house show in Massachusetts last Thursday, and there was no way WWE would be able to keep the spoilers under wraps. There’s at least one other match scheduled for Wednesday’s WWE NXT, and other possible matches are previewed as well.
WWE Thursday Night SmackDown spoilers
This episode was taped in Manchester, New Hampshire, on April 26.
- Setting up the main event, Roman Reigns is a guest on MizTV with The Miz and Maryse to start the show. A non-title Champion vs. Champion match was set up.
- Cesaro, Kalisto and Sami Zayn defeat The League of Nations by count-out.
- Baron Corbin defeats Damien Sandow.
- Natalya, Charlotte and Ric Flair are all guests on The Ambrose Asylum, hyping the WWE Women’s Championship Match at WWE Payback.
- Enzo Amore and Colin Cassady defeat The Social Outcasts.
- Apollo Crews defeats Stardust.
- Roman Reigns vs. The Miz ended in a DQ/No Contest when The Bullet Club (Luke Gallows and Karl Anderson) interfered. Of course, this also brought out The Usos and AJ Styles. At WWE Payback, it seems like both tag teams will be involved in the outcome of the WWE World Heavyweight Championship Match.
The SmackDown spoilers above have been confirmed by Wrestling Inc.
RELATED REPORTS BY THE INQUISITR
- WWE News — ‘NXT TakeOver: Dallas’ (The Live Experience & Results)
- Who are ‘The Bullet Club’ And Why Do They Matter?
- WWE News: Florida Citrus Bowl Is Likely Candidate For WrestleMania 33
WWE NXT spoilers
Just two matches have been confirmed for this week’s episode of WWE NXT, including the NXT Championship Match (taped in Lowell, Massachusetts on April 21) and another match taped on April 2 at the Kay Bailey Hutchison Convention Center in Dallas, Texas, as part of WrestleMania 32 weekend, the day after the NXT TakeOver: Dallas special was taped.
NOTE: WWE doesn’t always post a full list of matches for upcoming episodes of WWE NXT, and the matches that were taped in Dallas have been aired out of order. Only two matches have been confirmed for tonight’s episode so far.
- Samoa Joe defeats Finn Balor to become the new NXT Champion (confirmed for April 27)
- Shinsuke Nakamura defeats Elias Samson (confirmed for April 27)
The following matches were also taped in Dallas during a WrestleMania Axxess event and could air on April 27.
- Asuka pinned Eva Marie
- Carmella submitted Aliyah
- The Hype Bros pinned Blake and Murphy (afterwards, The Revival attacks The Hype Bros)
- The Revival pinned Scott Parker and Shane Matthews
These WWE NXT spoilers have been verified by Cageside Seats.
Where To Watch
The WWE Network airs new episodes of WWE NXT on Wednesdays at 8/7c. It is available for streaming on-demand immediately. Additionally, on Thursdays, replays of WWE NXT are available to stream on-demand with a Hulu Plus subscription.
USA airs WWE Thursday Night SmackDown at 8/7c. While they are not made available on the WWE Network for several weeks after they air on USA, replays of WWE SmackDown are made available on-demand with a Hulu Plus subscription starting Friday.
[Image via WWE]