WWE News: Finn Balor Says He’s Staying In NXT

Earlier this week, it was revealed that Finn Balor had lost the NXT Championship to Samoa Joe at a live event in Lowell, Massachusetts, which led WWE fans to believe that Balor was heading to the main roster to re-form the Bullet Club with Karl Anderson and Luke Gallows.

Last week on Raw, Anderson and Gallows had a few interactions with AJ Styles, who replaced Balor as the leader of the Bullet Club after the former NXT Champ left for WWE last year. So, WWE was obviously teasing that the Bullet Club would reunite, but with Styles as the leader instead of Balor.

Finn Balor WWE
Since back in January, the rumor has been that Anderson and Gallows were going to team up with Finn Balor, and form the Balor Club on the main roster, and after Balor lost the NXT Title, there was speculation that he was going to show up at next Sunday’s WWE Payback pay-per-view with Anderson and Gallows, and the three men would attack both AJ Styles and Roman Reigns.

At a recent NXT live event, Balor addressed the main roster rumor, and he told the fans in attendance that he wasn’t going anywhere. He also teased a future NXT Championship rematch with Samoa Joe.

“There’s a lot of rumors going around about Monday night, but Samoa Joe, I’ve got a little bit of bad news for you… I’m not going anywhere. I’m here in NXT, and I’m staying in NXT.”

Balor’s speech was met with some boos from the live crowd. So, it’s obvious that people are hoping that the “Finn Balor to the main roster” rumor is true.

It’s very possible that Balor was just saying that he’s staying in NXT to throw the WWE fans off. But, if that is the case, it didn’t really throw too many people off, as the majority of WWE fans still believe that he’s either going to show up on Monday’s Raw, or at next Sunday’s Payback show.

The Wrestling Observer has noted that Balor losing the NXT Championship to Samoa Joe at the live event in Lowell had been planned for several months, and that he plan is for Balor and Joe to have a rematch at the next NXT Takeover show. So, there’s a good chance that, if Balor goes to the main roster, he’ll being doing double-duty, much like Kevin Owens did shortly after his main roster debut last year.

Balor vs Joe
The next NXT Takeover show is scheduled for June 8, and, as of this writing, the main-event for that show hasn’t been announced. But, there’s a good chance that it’ll be Balor vs. Joe for the third straight time. But, unlike their previous bouts, Samoa Joe will probably be walking out of Full Sail University as the NXT Champion.

Since arriving in NXT last year, Balor hasn’t seemed very interested in making the jump to the main roster, despite the fact that he’s more than ready to make that move. At one point he event said that going to the main roster would be a step down for him, mainly because he, at that time, was focused on being a part of building the NXT brand. But now that his former Bullet Club running mates are on the main roster, he may have changed his tune.

Rumor has it that WWE already has big plans for Finn Balor and the soon-to-be Balor Club. As for when those plans are put into effect, well, as of right now, the only people that know are on the WWE creative team. But, don’t be surprised if you see Anderson, Gallows, and Balor align sooner rather than later.

[Image via WWE]