Note: The following contains spoilers for WWE NXT, airing on April 20, and WWE Thursday Night SmackDown, airing on April 21.
Now that Shane McMahon is trying to replace Stephanie and Triple H as the general manager of Monday Night RAW (and the rest of non-NXT programming, apparently), the WWE landscape continues to evolve. With guys like Roman Reigns and The Miz now considered part of the “established” WWE family fending off the new wave of talent coming from NXT and abroad, surprises seem to be around every corner. Without guys like John Cena, Brock Lesnar or Roman Reigns making an appearance, the focus of SmackDown will be the stories involving The Bullet Club, Dean Ambrose/Chris Jericho, and Sami Zayn/Kevin Owens.
Meanwhile, on WWE NXT, several matches taped during the recent events in Dallas have yet to air, including matches featuring Shinsuke Nakamura, Asuka, Samoa Joe, American Alpha, and many more. Three matches are confirmed for the episode airing Wednesday night, and the other possibilities are previewed below, as well.
WWE Thursday Night SmackDown spoilers
This episode was taped in London, England, on April 19.
- AJ Styles was a guest on MizTV to kick-off SmackDown. When The Miz and Maryse accused Styles of needing The Bullet Club (Luke Gallows and Karl Anderson) to defeat Roman Reigns at WWE Payback, Styles attacked The Miz and ended the segment.
- Ryback pinned Kalisto in a non-title match.
- Dolph Ziggler was attacked by Baron Corbin after being introduced for a match. Ziggler’s match never happened.
- AJ Styles pinned The Miz. When the Intercontinental Champion tried to leave the match early, The Bullet Club (Anderson and Gallows) came out to stop him.
- Dean Ambrose and Sami Zayn cut a promo together for their upcoming tag team match.
- After The Miz threw a fit about The Bullet Club, he ended up in a physical altercation with Shane McMahon. McMahon ended the segment with the upper hand.
- Karl Anderson and Luke Gallows were interviewed, saying they were not working with AJ Styles. They also announced The Bullet Club vs. The Usos for Monday Night RAW.
- Natalya and Paige submitted Team B.A.D. (Naomi and Tamina both tapped at the same time).
- R-Truth pinned Fandango in a match with Goldust as the special guest referee.
- Enzo Amore and Colin Cassady had a promo with The Vaudevillains for their upcoming match on Monday Night RAW.
- Chris Jericho and Kevin Owens defeated Dean Ambrose and Sami Zayn (Owens pinned Ambrose).
The SmackDown spoilers above have been confirmed by What Culture.
RELATED REPORTS BY THE INQUISITR
- WWE News — ‘NXT TakeOver: Dallas’ (The Live Experience & Results)
- Who are ‘The Bullet Club’ And Why Do They Matter?
- WWE News: Florida Citrus Bowl Is Likely Candidate For WrestleMania 33
WWE NXT spoilers
The matches for this episode were taped on April 2 at the Kay Bailey Hutchison Convention Center in Dallas, Texas as part of WrestleMania 32 weekend, the day after the NXT TakeOver: Dallas special was taped.
NOTE: The order in which the matches were taped in Dallas is not the order in which they have been used on WWE NXT as the shows air on the WWE Network. While three of the following matches have been confirmed for the April 20 episode of WWE NXT (by being announced on last week’s episode), some of the other matches may not air until April 27.
- Samoa Joe submitted Apollo Crews (confirmed for April 20)
- American Alpha defeated Enzo Amore and Colin Cassady (confirmed for April 20)
- No Way Jose pinned Alexander Wolf (confirmed for April 20)
The following matches could air on April 20 or April 27. WWE has yet to confirm the full line-up for the April 20 episode of WWE NXT.
- Nia Jax pinned Deonna Purrazzo
- Asuka pinned Eva Marie
- Carmella submitted Aliyah
- The Hype Bros pinned Blake and Murphy (afterwards, The Revival attacks The Hype Bros)
- The Revival pinned Scott Parker and Shane Matthews
- Shinsuke Nakamura pinned Elias Samson
These WWE NXT spoilers have been verified by Cageside Seats.
Where To Watch
The WWE Network airs new episodes of WWE NXT on Wednesdays at 8/7c. It is available for streaming on-demand immediately. Additionally, on Thursdays, replays of WWE NXT are available to stream on-demand with a Hulu Plus subscription. USA airs WWE Thursday Night SmackDown at 8/7c. While they are not made available on the WWE Network for several weeks after they air on USA, replays of WWE SmackDown are made available on-demand with a Hulu Plus subscription starting Friday.
[Image via WWE]