The original hoax article, titled "Coca-Cola Recalls Dasani Water After Clear Parasite Worm Was Found In Bottles Across U.S.," was published on a website called Healthy Life Land.
With nearly 150,000 followers on the Healthy Life Land Facebook page, it's easy to see why the post claiming that "Coca-Cola Recalls Dasani Water After Clear Parasite Worm Was Found In Bottles Across U.S." would spread to so quickly online.
Twitter already reports "Dasani parasite" as a suggestion when Twitter users type the word "Dasani" into their search engine, proving that folks are already concerned about the false report of a Dasani water recall. And it is no wonder they are concerned, because the hoax report claims a major recall happened due to the parasite.
"If you purchase/drink Dasani water you might want to listen up. There has been a major recall by the Coca-Cola company today after several thousand bottles of their drinking water was found to be contaminated with a parasite. It has sent several hundred people to the hospital and is responsible for parasitic symptoms such as fever, rash, vomiting and stomach bloating."
"Even though the majority of the impurities have admittedly been removed from Dasani water, and minerals added back in, these parasites have somehow worked their way into their supposedly"clean" water system which has been passed on to the consumer. The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has shut down the manufacturing facility and issued a major recall on the brand. Do not drink this water! The FDA is recommending that if you have no choice but to consume the water, you MUST boil the water first to kill the parasite. Otherwise, it will host itself in your stomach lining and intestine and breed offsprings."