Ingrid Lyne Found Dead: John Robert Charlton Arrested For Murder After Police Identify Dismembered Body Of Missing Seattle Mom

Ingrid Lyne has been found dead and John Robert Charlton has been arrested for murder after police in Seattle confirmed that dismembered body parts found on Saturday belong to the mother of three who went missing after a date with a man she met online.

Lyne went to see a baseball game with the man on Friday night but never returned, prompting family members to report her missing the next morning. That led to a hunt for the 40-year-old nurse and mother of three, and the eventual grisly discovery of body parts inside recycling bins not far from Seattle’s baseball stadium.

Police on Monday announced that the body parts did belong to Ingrid Lyne, and that they had arrested John Robert Charlton on what they said was “investigation for murder.”

Police noted that Charlton had a history of violent crimes, but did not give specifics on the arrests.

In a statement released on Monday, Seattle police said they identified the body of Ingrid Lyne after matching up the remains with photos from the missing persons report. Though the missing persons report for Ingrid Lyne came in within hours of the discovery of body parts, police said it took them until Monday to positively link the two.

“The Homicide Unit obtained a copy of the report from the Renton Police Department. A photograph of the missing person was obtained by the Homicide Unit.

“Based on observations by the investigators, the victim was tentatively identified.

“In cooperation with the Renton Police Department, a search warrant was served in their jurisdiction.

“Evidence was recovered during the service of the search warrant.

“Based on the investigation, a suspect was identified.

“Early this morning, as a result of this on-going investigation an adult male suspect was taken into custody in Snohomish County.”

Lyne’s dismembered body had been discovered on Saturday afternoon by a homeowner close to three miles from Safeco Field, where the Seattle Mariners had played the night before. Investigators said three body parts, including a foot, were packaged in plastic bags, The Seattle Times reported.

Police said they do not believe that Ingrid Lyne was murdered there, but instead that her body parts were dumped in that neighborhood.

“I’ve never seen anything like it,” said Seattle Police Sgt. Mike Renner.

Neighbors said the last they had seen of Lyne was on Friday night, at her mailbox, as she was on her way to see the Seattle Mariners home opener with a man she had met online. Police had been canvassing the neighborhood, but found no signs of foul play nearby.

Lyne’s disappearance seemed perplexing and there were no signs that he had planned to leave.

“I don’t know; it’s not good,” neighbor Edward Franceschina told Q13 Fox. “The purse, the telephone and everything was in the house.”

Seattle Police are now asking for the public’s help to find Lyne’s missing vehicle, a silver 2015 Toyota Highlander with the Washington license plate AUW3230.

Police have not yet said whether formal charges have been filed against John Robert Charlton for the murder of Ingrid Lyne.

[Image via Missing Persons of America]