Mojang and 4J Studios pushed out a new update to Minecraft: PlayStation and Xbox Editions Wednesdayl with a Wii U Edition update waiting in the wings. Title Update 34 (TU34) for the popular sandbox survival game brings new Xbox Achievements and PlayStation Trophies to collect along with a new free Minecraft: Story Mode Skin Pack to play with.
The Minecraft: Story Mode Skin Pack is available to download on the Xbox 360, Xbox One, PlayStation 4, PlayStation 3, and PS Vita. The PC, Windows 10, and iOS versions also received the skin pack for free. Note that it will be a free download for the first week of availability through April 12. It will cost $2.99 after that, but the six Jesse skins will remain free.
PlayStation users in Japan and Android users will not receive the Minecraft: Story Mode Skin Pack for free.
The skin pack for Minecraft: Story Mode comes with 27 different skins for players to use. There are multiple versions of Jesse but expect to the find the rest of the cast of characters from Telltale's adventure game included.
In addition to the skin pack, Mojang also made a Minecraft: Story Mode arena available as a free download for Windows 10, Android, and iOS. You can download it from here. Instructions on how to install for each platform are included.
The Minecraft Title Update also added the following six new Achievements and Trophies to the game.
- The Beginning? – Spawn the Wither – 20 Gamerscore
- The Beginning. – Kill the Wither – 40 Gamerscore
- Beaconator – Create and fully power a Beacon – 60 Gamerscore
- Overpowered – Each a Notch Apple – 30 Gamerscore
- Tie Dye Outfit – Dye all 4 unique pieces of a Leather Armor – 15 Gamerscore
- Trampoline – Bounce 30 blocks upward off a Slime Block – 15 Gamerscore
Aside from the new skin pack plus new achievements and trophies, Minecraft TU 34 primarily focused on bug fixes for the game. This includes fixes for various potions in the game not working on players, instances where the Ender Dragon would be immune from attacks, and cases where the Thorns enchantment would not work among others.
4J Studios did add some new options to the game menus, though. Minecraft players will be able to adjust the Minecart Sounds in the Audio Settings and also added the option for Huge Mushroom Blocks to the Creative and Superflat menus.
You can check out the complete changelog for Minecraft TU34 below. Note that this is the same across all PlayStation, Xbox, and Wii U platforms. The PlayStation 3 has a single unique fix for a memory issue listed at the bottom. The update is out now for the Xbox One, Xbox 360, and PlayStation consoles in Europe. PlayStation consoles in North America and the Wii U will receive the update later today.
- Added Story Mode skin pack.
- Added 6 new achievements/trophies.
- Added new "Minecart Sounds" option to Audio Settings.
- Added Huge Mushroom Blocks to the Creative and Superflat menus.
- Improved sprint control.
- Fix for issue where the Ender Dragon would be immune to attacks
- Fix for Slimes not spawning in certain Swamps and Slime Chunks.
- Fix for Potion of Swiftness, Potion of Slowness and Speed bonus of Beacon having no effect on the player.
- Fix for teleporting a player while they are sleeping in a Bed not working properly.
- Fix for some chunks in the Overworld not generating for clients of a multiplayer game.
- Fix for issue where Experience Orbs could not be obtained by some trades with Villagers.
- Fix for Thorns enchantment not affecting players.
- Fix for MCCE #747 - TNT cannon not working.
- Fix for MCCE #659 - Doors have a weird texture on top when open (And other sides).
- Fix for MCCE #1854 - Grass positioning is perfect.
- Fix for MCCE #1826 - White tulip description incorrect.
- Fix for MCCE #1756 - Witch Hut Bounding Box Too Small.
- Fix for MCCE #1260 - Submerged Witch Huts.
- Fix for MCCE #483 - Camera jitter and player unable to move when looking at chest you are standing on.
- Fix for MCCE #863 - The map does not work as it should (unless "View Hand" is turned on).
- Fix for MCCE #1757 - Slimes spawning in witch huts.
- Fix for MCCE #1739 - No icon in item frame map.
- Fix for MCCE #1803 - Item frames vanishing in very strange draw distance.
- Fixed a memory issue causing "Failed to Load" message.