Tonight is WrestleMania 32, and the card is final and in place for everything that is going to be presented to the fans. As always, the card is subject to change at any WWE event, and it already appears as if there is one change. The Andre the Giant Memorial Battle Royal puts together those superstars that aren’t in a feud or program, and gives them a chance to be on the event. Now though, it seems like Mark Henry is no longer in it.
For about a week now, there have been 16 names announced for the match, and it’s expected that there will be 20 total competitors in the battle royal. It has been thought that the four additional spots would be filled by members of The Wyatt Family and some surprises.
Well, now it seems as if WWE will need to fill one more spot. WrestleZone noticed a tweet by Goldust, one of the competitors in tonight’s match, and he posted a rather interesting graphic.
— GOLDUST (@Goldust) April 3, 2016
It’s a really cool graphic, but one that shows only 15 people as there is a big name and face missing from it — Mark Henry.
The official preview page for the Andre the Giant Memorial Battle Royal on WWE.com still lists Henry as being in the match. It actually has the full list of 16 wrestlers that are going to be in it, and makes sure to say that this is who has declared “so far” for the match.
- Heath Slater
- Curtis Axel
- Adam Rose
- Bo Dallas
- Big Show
- Tyler Breeze
- Mark Henry
- Jack Swagger
- Damien Sandow
- Darren Young
As you can see, Henry should still be in the match. Unless something unforeseen happened in the last day or two, then it’s hard to believe that WWE would just remove Mark Henry from the match and take away his spot on the WrestleMania 32 card.
In mid-February, Mark Henry had a match against Big E of The New Day, which was a test of pure strength on both of their parts. The ending of the match was very odd, as Henry went down to the mat in a heap and seemed to be legitimately injured.
It was a rather strange scene, and one that saw Big E immediately pin Henry to get the match over with and done. Officials and trainers came out to the ring to check on Henry and then help him to the back to get any treatment he may have needed.
A day later, he tweeted that things weren’t very serious. He had said that he merely had a “hurt rib” and that he would live. Since then, he’s been seen on WWE television and still been wrestling in house show matches.
At the end of March, he even had a big showdown with Braun Strowman.
It went down! Hell of a challenge. pic.twitter.com/KJAHPeOv0T
— TheMarkHenry (@TheMarkHenry) March 28, 2016
On Wednesday of last week, Mark Henry was in Dallas and speaking to numerous children with a few of the Dallas Cowboys. Oddly enough though, that was the very last time Henry tweeted or said anything on social media at all.
One has to wonder if something has happened to him since then as far as injuries or a personal matter. It would just be odd for WWE to release a graphic and leave him out of those included in the battle royal. It’s even worse if he has to miss as many believe this could be his last ever WrestleMania.
Tonight will be when fans get to witness the spectacle that is WrestleMania 32, as all the WWE stars that can perform will be there. The 3rd Annual Andre the Giant Battle Royal is set to be a great match with a few surprises, but it will be a shame if Mark Henry really isn’t in it.
[Image via WWE]