With less than two weeks until WrestleMania 32, this week’s episode of WWE Monday Night RAW included most of the remaining details to fill out the card for April 3 in Dallas. On top of Roman Reigns challenging Triple H for the WWE World Heavyweight Championship and Dean Ambrose going one-on-one in a No Holds Barred Street Fight against Brock Lesnar, Vince McMahon had an announcement related to the Hell In A Cell Match featuring The Undertaker vs. Shane McMahon and the future of The Dead Man at WrestleMania.
Below is a recap of WWE Monday Night Raw that aired on March 14, that includes all events and spoilers from the episode.
WWE Monday Night RAW Results
- Stephanie McMahon opened this week’s WWE Monday Night RAW by coming to the ring to announce that Triple H wouldn’t be in attendance. She was interrupted by Roman Reigns, who expressed absolutely no intimidation in the face of Mrs. Authority.
- Kevin Owens defeated AJ Styles after Chris Jericho came out and provided a distraction.
- Post-match, Styles chased Jericho to the back and Owens picked up a mic. Talking about defending the IC Title at Mania, Sami Zayn, Dolph Ziggler and The Miz all wanted a shot. Owens said he would talk to The Authority about setting up a Triple Threat Match to determine a No. 1 contender.
- Dean Ambrose was shown at a local establishment in Philadelphia. He was met by Terry Funk, who gave him a chainsaw as a gift. Ambrose went to town on the table next to him.
- Stephanie McMahon told Kevin Owens the Triple Threat Match is a good idea. A video package was shown for the Shane McMahon/Undertaker match. The New Day made their way to the ring.
- After a commercial break, The League of Nations were in the ring cutting a promo on The New Day. The New Day came to the ring and cut a promo in response.
- In a match that included all of the ringside antics that you’d expect, Big E defeated Rusev in singles action.
- Bray Wyatt and the Wyatt Family gave another cryptic promo.
- Big Show cut a promo about wanting to be a two-time Andre the Giant Memorial Battle Royal winner. The Social Outcasts came out and attacked Show, who was eventually saved (and then chokeslammed) by Kane.
- Stan Hansen was announced as another member of the WWE Hall of Fame Class of 2016.
- Chris Jericho defeated Fandango even after AJ Styles tried to distract Y2J. Post-match, their upcoming WrestleMania 32 encounter was all but confirmed.
- Kevin Owens served as the guest ring announcer for the Triple Threat Match, which featured Stardust vs. Sin Cara vs. Zach Ryder. The match ended in a No Contest after Dolph Ziggler, The Miz and Sami Zayn came to the ring and caused a ruckus. Backstage, Stephanie informed Kevin Owens that he would defend his title against all six men at WrestleMania in a Ladder Match.
- Triple H showed up at the arena to take Stephanie home. Roman Reigns interrupted their plan and attacked the WWE World Heavyweight Champion. Hunter manageed to incapacitate Roman oh-so-briefly and The Authority sped away from the parking garage.
- Sasha Banks and Becky Lynch were on guest commentary as Charlotte defeated Natalya in a non-title match.
- Bubba Ray Dudley defeated R-Truth in singles competition. Post-match, The Dudley Boyz continued to beat on R-Truth. After Goldust (unsuccessfully) tried to make the save, The Usos came out and (unsuccessfully) tried to put the Dudleys through a table.
- Vince McMahon announced that if The Undertaker fails to beat Shane McMahon in Dallas, The Phenom will never be allowed to compete at WrestleMania again.
- Paul Heyman was on guest commentary as Braun Strowman defeated Dean Ambrose by disqualification in the main event when The Lunatic Fringe went crazy on the entire Wyatt Family with a steel chair.
Preview: WrestleMania 32 — Updated Card
- WWE World Heavyweight Championship — Triple H (c) vs. Roman Reigns
- Hell In A Cell Match — The Undertaker vs. Shane McMahon — If Shane wins, he gains control over WWE Monday Night RAW
- No Holds Barred Street Fight — Brock Lesnar vs. Dean Ambrose
- WWE Divas Championship — Charlotte (c) vs. Sasha Banks vs. Becky Lynch
- WWE Intercontinental Championship 7-Man Ladder Match — Kevin Owens (c) vs. Sami Zayn vs. Dolph Ziggler vs. The Miz vs. Stardust vs. Sin Cara vs. Zach Ryder
- WWE United States Championship Match — Kalisto (c) vs. Ryback
- Andre The Giant Memorial Battle Royal — Big Show, Kane, The Social Outcasts, and more TBA
- AJ Styles vs. Chris Jericho
- Handicap Tag Team Match — The New Day vs. The League of Nations
- 8-Divas Tag Team Match — Paige, Brie Bella, Natalya & Alicia Fox vs. Lana, Naomi, Tamina and TBA
- The Usos vs. The Dudley Boyz
Where To Watch
WWE WrestleMania 32 airs live on the WWE Network on Sunday, April 3 at 7 p.m. Eastern/6p.m. Central.
WWE Monday Night Raw airs weekly on the USA Network at 8 p.m. Eastern/7 p.m. Central. The WWE Raw Pre-Show can be streamed on the WWE Network at 7:30 p.m Eastern/6:30 p.m. Central. While full replays of WWE Raw aren’t added to the WWE Network immediately, a 90-minute condensed version of WWE Raw can be streamed on Hulu Plus beginning the next day.
[Image via WWE]