The Dancing with the Stars premiere is just hours away and fans are excited to watch the first dances of season 22. The star-studded cast is ready to show off their hard work on Monday night with a fantastic lineup of performances slated for the March 21 premiere.
Chill the wine and get the snacks ready. Here’s everything you need to know before the DWTS season 22 premiere begins, including the start time, Week 1 songs, dance styles, voting information, and a full cast lineup.
If you enjoy keeping up with the celebs and their pro dance partners on Twitter, find a list of the couples’ team names below — use them when you tweet out support for your favorite dancers.
Jimmy Kimmel picks @AntonioBrown84 To Win Dancing w/ the Stars
— Big Bob (@FSBigBob) March 17, 2016
Start time: The two-hour premiere starts at 8 p.m. ET on ABC on Monday, March 21. Live streaming via the Watch ABC App is available in select cities; a cable subscription is required.
Week 1 Dances and Songs: There will be a variety of dance styles performed on the season premiere including the Cha-Cha-Cha, Foxtrot, Tango, Quickstep, and Jive. Two stars won’t have an easy start on Monday night with Buddy TV reporting that celebs Antonio Brown and Marla Maples will perform the difficult Quickstep as their first dance routine.
Here’s a list of the premiere night dances and songs, courtesy of ABC. It’s not a theme week, but will be a good mix of music on Monday night.
- Von Miller and Witney Carson (Foxtrot) — “My House” (Flo Rida)
- Antonio Brown and Sharna Burgess (Quickstep) — “Bad Man” (Pitbull)
- Jodie Sweetin and Keo Motsepe (Tango) — “Confident” (Demi Lovato)
- Paige VanZant and Mark Ballas (Foxtrot) — “Ain’t Got Far to Go” (Jess Glynne)
- Wanya Morris and Lindsay Arnold (Cha-Cha-Cha) —”Motownphilly” (Boyz II Men)
- Ginger Zee and Val Chmerkovskiy (Jive) — “Move” (Dreamgirls)
- Nyle DiMarco and Peta Murgatroyd (Cha-Cha-Cha) — “Cake by the Ocean” (DNC)
- Kim Fields and Sasha Farber (Cha-Cha-Cha) — “Sax” (Fleur East)
- Geraldo Rivera and Edyta Sliwinska (Cha-Cha-Cha) —”Treasure” (Bruno Mars)
- Doug Flutie and Karina Smirnoff (Foxtrot) — “Sweet Caroline” (Neil Diamond)
- Marla Maples and Tony Dovolani (Quickstep) — “Sparkling Diamonds” (Moulin Rouge)
- Mischa Barton and Artem Chigvintsev (Tango) — “In the Night” (The Weeknd)
Team Names/Twitter: All 12 celebrities and their dance partners came up with team names — use them along with a hashtag when searching or tweeting about your favorite DWTS teams. Don’t forget to follow the official Dancing with the Stars Twitter account (@DancingABC) for photos, videos, and cast updates.
- Antonio Brown and Sharna Burgess — #TeamBoomin
- Doug Flutie and Karina Smirnoff — #TeamKutie
- Geraldo Rivera and Edyta Sliwinska (Team name still undecided)
- Ginger Zee and Val Chmerkovskiy — #TeamGinandJuice
- Jodie Sweetin and Keo Motsepe — #TeamMoSweet
- Kim Fields and Sasha Farber — #TeamKimSha
- Marla Maples and Tony Dovolani — #TeamMartony
- Mischa Barton and Artem Chigvintsev — #TeamBlackVelvet
- Nyle DiMarco and Peta Murgatroyd — #RedefiningDance
Paige VanZant and Mark Ballas — #PowRightInTheKisser
- Von Miller and Witney Carson — #BlondeMiller
- Wanya Morris and Lindsay Arnold — #Teamyayzee
— Official DWTS (@DancingABC) March 13, 2016
Voting: Who will get your vote this season? According to a previous report from the Inquisitr, fans will be able to vote online, on Facebook or by calling the voting numbers assigned to each celebrity and their professional dance parter.
- Antonio Brown – 1-800-868-3401
- Doug Flutie – 1-800-868-3402
- Geraldo Rivera – 1-800-868-3403
- Ginger Zee – 1-800-868-3404
- Jodie Sweetin – 1-800-868-3405
- Kim Fields – 1-800-868-3406
- Marla Maples – 1-800-868-3407
- Mischa Barton – 1-800-868-3408
- Nyle DiMarco – 1-800-868-3409
- Paige VanZant – 1-800-868-3410
- Von Miller – 1-800-868-3411
- Wanyá Morris – 1-800-868-3412
Tom Bergeron and Erin Andrews return as hosts on DWTS season 22, but there will be a change at the judges’ table. According to ABC, Julianne Hough will not return this season, but Len Goodman will be back after a one-season hiatus along with Carrie Ann Inaba and Bruno Tonioli.
Dancing with the Stars premieres March 21 at 8 p.m. ET on ABC. Who will you be voting for this season?
[Image via ABC Television Network]