Matt LeBlanc has crashed a London wedding while filming an episode for BBC’s Top Gear, according to the New York Daily News. The Saturday wedding definitely took an unexpected turn.
As the wedding’s bride and groom, as well as guests and other participants of the wedding, were standing in front of St. Paul’s cathedral, Matt LeBlanc and his driver Ken Block surprised everyone by interrupting the ceremony in their black 1965 Ford Mustang.
Matt LeBlanc’s stunts in front of St. Paul’s cathedral forced the bride and groom, as well as the bridesmaids and groomsmen, to stop the ceremony and watch with amazement as the Top Gear host and his driver showed off various driving stunts.
— Daily Mail U.K. (@DailyMailUK) March 12, 2016
Matt LeBlanc then shared a photo of him crashing the wedding party via his Instagram account. On the photo, the 48-year-old Top Gear host is seen waving out the sportscar’s passenger window.
At first, the wedding’s participants were not aware that Matt LeBlanc was in that Mustang, thinking that they were some regular Formula 1 drivers performing their drills and showing off their skills in front of large crowds.
But eyewitness Paul Bradbury, who posted a number of photos and videos of Matt LeBlanc’s car stunts, told E! Online that the wedding’s attendees were “a bit shocked” to see the Friends star get out of the Mustang.
Matt LeBlanc and his driver found themselves in an embarrassing situation while performing stunts for the wedding’s crowd. At some points, their Mustang began smoking, which became a cause of concern for witnesses of the unplanned show.
However, the Top Gear crew managed to get the Mustang back on its feet so that Matt LeBlanc and his stunt driver could leave the scene and continue filming in other areas of London.
Earlier this year, Matt LeBlanc was selected as the new co-presenter of Top Gear along with BBC broadcaster Chris Evans, commentator Eddie Jordan, German racer Sabine Schmitz, journalist Chris Harris, and TV presenter Rory Reid.
— Mary (@uknewse) March 16, 2016
The new cast was announced after Top Gear’s previous legendary host Jeremy Clarkson was fired after a scandalous incident, where he punched the show’s producer.
But Matt LeBlanc crashing the wedding party is not the only reason why Top Gear made headlines this week. The show has been labeled “disrespectful” by a war veteran, according to the Mirror. It seems that the show keeps piling up controversies and scandals following the punching incident involving Jeremy Clarkson.
On Sunday, Top Gear’s crew was filming scenes at a “disrespectful” distance from London’s 95-year-old war memorial, according to a former Commander of British Forces in Afghanistan Colonel Richard Kemp.
The Colonel blames BBC for its disrespectful behavior around the war memorial after Matt LeBlanc and his stunt driver performed a series of stunts in their Mustang in London while filming scenes for Top Gear.
— Richard Gaisford (@richardgaisford) March 14, 2016
The colonel said in an interview that it was “gravely disrespectful” and added that he wonders how the Top Gear team was even allowed to film there.
“This is a sacred tribute to millions of people who have done far more for their country than Chris Evans and Matt LeBlanc ever will.”
The Colonel also urged Matt LeBlanc and the entire Top Gear team to not include the scenes filmed around the war memorial in the final cut of the program.
And it seems that war veterans are not the only ones outraged by Matt LeBlanc and his driver’s recent stunts in London. George Osborne, who has been Chancellor of the Exchequer since 2010, blamed the Top Gear team for distracting him from writing the Budget.
In his tweet on Sunday, the Chancellor complained that “noisy episode” of the show filmed in central London was distracting him. The Chancellor has to deliver the Budget on Wednesday.
— George Osborne (@George_Osborne) March 13, 2016
[Photo by Kevin Winter/Getty Images]