On this week’s episode of WWE Monday Night RAW, Dean Ambrose is forced to switch his attention to his WrestleMania 32 opponent Brock Lesnar after he failed to take the WWE World Heavyweight Championship from Triple H at WWE Roadblock. The Game, meanwhile, had his hands full with Dolph Ziggler and the return of Roman Reigns. Regarding the other third of the WM32 triple main event, The Undertaker made it clear that he is not on great terms with either Shane McMahon or Vince McMahon.
— WWE (@WWE) March 15, 2016
With WrestleMania 32 less than three weeks away, the WWE Divas were on display, including Charlotte, Paige, Lana, Team B.A.D. and Team Bella. A.J. Styles was forced to confront former Y2AJ parter Chris Jericho yet again, and The New Day continued to build their feud with The League of Nations.
Below is a recap of the episode of WWE Monday Night Raw that aired on March 14, 2016.
WWE Monday Night RAW Results
- The WWE Tag Team Champions opened this week’s WWE RAW with a colorful promo plugging their new Booty-O’s merchandise and mocking The League of Nations.
- The New Day (Big E & Xavier Woods) defeated The League of Nations (Alberto Del Rio & Rusev) to retain the WWE Tag Team Championship. Post-match, all four members of The League attacked the three New Day members, leaving the threesome laid out in the ring.
- Dean Ambrose came to the ring to cut a promo about nearly winning the WWE World Heavyweight Championship at WWE Roadblock and then moved on to his match at WrestleMania 32. The promo was interrupted by Brock Lesnar and Paul Heyman. The only thing that prevented The Beast from attacking The Lunatic was the fact that Ambrose was brandishing a crowbar.
- Ryback defeated Sin Cara while his Lucha Dragons partner — and WWE United States Champion — Kalisto watched from ringside. Whether or not it’s significant, Sin Cara had a “new look” that didn’t match Kalisto’s. Post-match, Ryback challenges Kalisto for the title at Mania, but Kalisto does not give an immediate answer.
- Thanks to Burger King’s new Grilled Dogs being a WWE RAW sponsor, there’s a brief “Great Dogs in WWE History” video package, with a look at “Mad Dog” Vachon, Junkyard Dog and “Road Dog” Jesse James.
- Stephanie McMahon-Helmsley comes to the ring to introduce Triple H, who went into a long promo about how all of the members of the WWE Universe hate authority figures like himself. Eventually, Dolph Ziggler interrupts. As the segment ends, Stephanie informs The Showoff that if he wants to compete at WrestleMania 32, he must beat Triple H tonight on RAW. If he can do that, he can pick any match — aside from challenging for the WWE World Heavyweight Champiomship — that he wants for April 3 in Dallas.
- WWE Intercontinental Champion Kevin Owens was on guest commentary as Sami Zayn defeated The Miz. After Owens abandoned Miz on SmackDown, it was clear that all three men took issue with the other two.
- In a backstage interview with Renee Young, the four members of The League of Nations challenged The New Day to a match at WrestleMania 32. No real clarity was provided on whether it would be a handicap match or whether the titles would be on the line.
- A brief segment showed highlights of a recent event in Pittsburgh announcing a new partnership between Connor’s Cure and The V Foundation to help raise funds for pediatric cancer research.
- Team B.A.D. (Naomi & Tamina) defeated Team Bella (Brie Bella & Alicia Fox) with a little help from a ringside distraction courtesy of Lana. Post-match, as Alicia approached Lana, Team B.A.D. left Fox laid out at ringside.
- All four members of the Social Outcasts cut a vaguely funny promo for the Burger King Grilled Dogs.
- As JoJo interviewed Paige backstage, she was approached by Lana, who was clearly backed up by Team B.A.D.
- WWE Divas Champion Charlotte — along with father Ric Flair — was interviewed by Renee Young about her match against Sasha Banks and Becky Lynch at WrestleMania 32. On this week’s SmackDown, there will be a face-to-face-to-face encounter with all three ladies, in which Charlotte says they will deal with the history the three women have together.
- The Usos defeated the Social Outcasts (Adam Rose & Bo Dallas) as the Dudley Boyz watched from ringside.
- Dean Ambrose and Mick Foley cut a backstage promo in which the former Cactus Jack convinced The Lunatic Fringe to give up the crowbar in lieu of a wooden baseball bat covered in barbed wire, metaphorically passing the torch — or literally, if Dean decides to light it on fire when they get to Dallas.
- In what was easily the best match of the night, Triple H defeated Dolph Ziggler in The Game’s first match on WWE RAW in almost three years. Post-match, Roman Reigns makes his return to Monday Night RAW. Inexplicably, both Stephanie and Dolph retreated to the backstage area as The Big Dog relentlessly beat on Triple H. Backstage security and several other WWE Superstars eventually got in between Hunter and Roman, but not before the WWE World Heavyweight Champion’s face was covered in blood.
- Former WWE Women’s Champion Jacqueline was announced as one of this year’s WWE Hall of Fame inductees, alongside Sting, Godfather, Big Boss Man, and The Fabulous Freebirds.
- Paying respects to the local NHL team, R-Truth was dressed as a penguin (although he claimed not even to know they were in Pittsburgh) in an attempt to ask Goldust to be his tag team partner. Once again, Goldust rejected the offer.
- Chris Jericho cut a promo on A.J. Styles before his match against Neville.
- Neville defeated Chris Jericho by disqualification after Y2J shoved the official. Jericho cut another promo post-match, ripping on the Pittsburgh crowd. As they chanted for A.J. Styles, The Phenomenal One came to the ring and took out Jericho with a Superman Punch off of a top-rope springboard.
- For the final segment of Monday Night RAW, Vince McMahon cut another promo about how Shane winning at WrestleMania is just a dream. Both The Undertaker and Shane McMahon came out. The Dead Man took out Shane-O-Mac, while Vince managed to get out of the ring before he was the next victim.
Preview: WrestleMania 32 — Updated Card
- WWE World Heavyweight Championship — Triple H (c) vs. Roman Reigns
- Hell In A Cell Match — The Undertaker vs. Shane McMahon — If Shane wins, he gains control over WWE Monday Night RAW
- No Holds Barred Street Fight — Brock Lesnar vs. Dean Ambrose
- WWE Divas Championship — Charlotte (c) vs. Sasha Banks vs. Becky Lynch
- Andre The Giant Memorial Battle Royal
- The Usos vs. The Dudley Boyz
Where To Watch
WWE Monday Night Raw airs weekly on the USA Network at 8/7c. The WWE Raw Pre-Show can be streamed on the WWE Network at 7:30 p.m Eastern / 6:30 p.m. Central. While full replays of WWE Raw aren’t added to the WWE Network immediately, a 90-minute condensed version of WWE Raw can be streamed on Hulu Plus beginning the next day.
[Image via WWE]