Barron Trump is America’s new first son and it’s a fact he’s already captivated the world. His father, Donald Trump, will be the nation’s 45th President of the United States. During Trump’s campaign, 10-year-old Barron appeared alongside the rest of the Trump family following debates and at the victory speech his father made.
Barron Trump looks much older than his years as he stands tall in his slick suits next to his father.
What are some facts about Barron Trump? Will he one day follow in his famous father’s footsteps? Let’s take a look at 10 facts about this interesting young man.
- Barron is Donald Trump’s youngest son and the only child he shares with current wife, Melania Trump. The Trump heir is also the youngest of four siblings. Donald has three children with first ex-wife, Ivana Trump. They are Donald Trump, Jr. 38, Ivanka Trump, 34, and Eric Trump, 32. Donald has one daughter, Tiffany Trump, 22, with second ex-wife, Marla Maples.
- Barron Trump has his own floor in the Trump penthouse in Manhattan, Parenting magazine learned in an interview with Melania Trump.
- The youngest Trump son likes decorating his living area with helicopters and airplanes, but he doesn’t like airplanes or cars on his covers. He prefers them “clean and white.”
— MELANIA TRUMP (@MELANIATRUMP) August 7, 2014
- Barron likes to play alone for hours. He has a lot of playdates with other kids, but enjoys playing solo with Magna Tiles and Legos. He’s detailed in his artwork and likes to build tall structures.
- Barron doesn’t like sweatpants, but loves to wear suits, Melania told ABC News. He likes to put on a suit, but not everyday. He enjoys putting on a tie “sometimes like daddy.”
- Of all the Trump kids, Barron might be the most like his father. According to Donald’s longtime butler, Anthony Senecal, he believes young Barron is more like Donald than any of his grown children. Inside Edition reports that Senecal recalled a time he was serving the tot his breakfast. “When Barron was two-and-a-half years old I took his breakfast into him,” Senecal said. “He was sitting in his highchair and he looks at me and he said: ‘Tony! Sit down! We need to talk!’ “
- Barron isn’t raised by nannies. In a People magazine interview in October, 2015, Donald said he doesn’t rely on outside help to raise his child as other wealthy families lean towards doing. “We keep it down to a minimum,” Donald said. “If you have too much help, you don’t get to know your children.” Melania echoes the sentiment. She puts her focus on their son while dad is away on the campaign trail. “I like to be hands-on. I think it’s very important,” Melania said of being a mother to her 9-year-old son.
— MELANIA TRUMP (@MELANIATRUMP) February 19, 2011
- Barron loves math and science. Melania shared that she helps her son with his homework — with his favorite topics being math and science. In addition to that, he’s bilingual. Barron speaks his mother’s native language, Slovenian, and English.
- Barron enjoys having one-on-one dinners with his father and playing golf when they have a chance to spend quality time together. Donald calls his youngest boy “a natural athlete.” Barron also plays after-school sports, such as baseball. He also takes golf and tennis lessons.
- According to his mother, Barron Trump is “strong-minded,” “independent,” “opinionated,” and knows “what he wants.” Thus, Melania calls her treasured son “Little Donald.”
Donald Trump’s youngest son looks up to his father.
“He likes the way he talks, the way he is,” Melania said of Barron’s admiration of his hugely successful father. “They have beautiful respect and admiration for each other.”
By all accounts, Barron Trump is the ultimate privileged child. He lives in Manhattan, but travels frequently with his parents to their Florida residence at Mar-a-Lago in Palm Beach. His poise almost mimics that of a child born into a royal family — and the Trumps are as close to royalty as you can get in America.
It won’t come as a surprise to anyone if Barron Trump one day fills his father’s shoes in the business world.
A new fact about Barron Trump is that he’ll be first son the White House has had since 1963 John F. Kennedy, Jr. resided there during JFK’s presidency.
[Photo by David Cannon/Getty Images]