Note: The following contains spoilers for WWE NXT airing on March 2 and WWE Thursday Night SmackDown airing on March 3. A spoiler-free WWE NXT preview is also available.
With Roman Reigns temporarily being held off of WWE programming, Dean Ambrose has taken over as the primary target of Triple H, especially with Ambrose’s WrestleMania 32 opponent Brock Lesnar only appearing sporadically on WWE TV. On the episode of WWE Monday Night Raw that aired this week, Ambrose took a beating from The Game that earned him a title shot at the upcoming WWE event in Toronto. In addition to that, The Undertaker made his first appearance since Vince announced the Dead Man’s match against Shane McMahon. While he didn’t seem especially friendly with Vince, it’s clear that Taker is ready for the Hell in a Cell Match.
As a result of his relentlessness on WWE Raw, Ambrose is being rewarded on SmackDown with a match against WWE Intercontinental Champion Kevin Owens. On top of that, Becky Lynch battles it out with Sasha Banks to determine Charlotte’s challenger for Mania and AJ Styles takes on one-third of The New Day.
On WWE NXT, Finn Balor takes on Neville in a non-title match, and William Regal announces one of the biggest talent signings in the history of NXT.
WWE Thursday Night SmackDown spoilers
This episode was taped in Atlanta, Georgia, on March 1.
- Dean Ambrose promo (with Kevin Owens) — This week’s WWE SmackDown starts off with a promo from Dean Ambrose, addressing his current issues with both Triple H and Brock Lesnar.
- The League of Nations (Rusev and Sheamus) defeated The Usos — After the match, the Dudley Boyz attacked The Usos. It’s still not clear if any of these teams will have anything to do with the tag titles in Dallas.
- Dolph Ziggler defeated The Miz — The Showoff gets a win in this rematch from Raw. Are these two beginning a program leading up to April 3?
- Sasha Banks vs. Becky Lynch ended in a no contest — Charlotte caused the non-ending by attacking both Divas during the match. The Triple Threat seems inevitable for WrestleMania 32.
- AJ Styles defeated Kofi Kingston — While The New Day faces Y2AJ on Raw, one has to believe things won’t be settled in one match.
- Dean Ambrose defeated Kevin Owens — The Lunatic Fringe earns a clean win over the Prizefighter, making Ambrose look really strong for his upcoming title match against Hunter.
The SmackDown spoilers above have been confirmed by What Culture.
WWE NXT spoilers
- The Vaudevillains pinned Hugo Knox and Tucker Knight — The Vaudevillains begin the process of re-establishing themselves as a relevant heel tag team.
- Elias Samson pinned Steve Cutler — They clearly have plans for Samson; but when will his first program begin?
- Emma made Santana Garrett tap out — Will Emma eventually be a legitimate threat to the NXT Women’s Championship?
- William Regal officially introduces Austin Aries to the NXT Universe. Before he can even make it to the ring, he’s attacked by Baron Corbin
- NXT Champion Finn Balor pinned former NXT Champion Neville in a non-title match — Finn continues to build his resume as the NXT Champion.
These WWE NXT spoilers have been verified by Wrestling Inc.
Where To Watch
The WWE Network airs new episodes of WWE NXT on Wednesdays at 8/7c. It is available for streaming on-demand immediately. Additionally, on Thursdays, replays of WWE NXT are available to stream on-demand with a Hulu Plus subscription. USA airs WWE Thursday Night SmackDown at 8/7c. While they are not made available on the WWE Network for several weeks after they air on USA, replays of WWE SmackDown are made available on-demand with a Hulu Plus subscription starting Friday.
[Image via WWE]