Christopher Andrews: NYC Attorney Attacked Wife And Children Before Being Shot Dead By Police

Christopher Andrews, a partner at a New York City law firm, was shot and killed by police after he attacked his wife and their three children.

Andrews, 51, was shot on Tuesday morning after he brandished a knife at NYPD officers and refused to comply with commands to drop the weapon and stop walking toward them, the Daily Mail reports. Kathleen Andres, the wife of the Manhattan lawyer, suffered severe stab wound and “blunt force” wounds to her face during the brutal attack in their Connecticut home.

Christopher Andrews, according to witness reports, hit his 12-year-old son in the face and then attacked his 13-year-old daughter. The couple’s 15-year-old son was attacked with a baseball bat, but the teen as able to yank the bat out of his dad’s hand and stop the family beating.

Police officers surrounded the $700,000 estate owned by Andrews during the early morning hours on Tuesday. His wife and children were located at various spots around the property. Kathleen Andrews was transported to Bridgeport Hospital and is reportedly listed in critical condition.

The 12-year-old boy also reportedly suffered critical injuries at the hands of his father and was flown to the Yale-New Haven Hospital. The remaining Andrews’ children were sent to St. Vincent’s Medical Center in Bridgeport.

“When the first officer arrived on scene he was immediately confronted by a male suspect who was in possession of a weapon. The officer discharged his firearm, striking the suspect,” a police statement about the fatal shooting read.

Neighbors were shocked by the horrific crime and fatal shooting in their affluent community. Resident referred to Christopher Andrews as a very nice man and said the family was really nice as well. The Andrews were reportedly well-respected in the neighborhood and frequently socialized with others in the area.

“We tried to process it and make sense of it. I’m sure that information will come out, and I think right now we’re just praying for the family, whose members are still, you know, they’re still not in great shape,” neighbor Shari Nerreau told local media outlet WFSB.

Another neighbor and friend of the Andrews’ family, Steve Bogan, said he had seen Christopher, Kathleen, and the kids just several days prior, and they all appeared to be happy. The children were widely known for the lemonade stand they ran during the summer months.

Jeff Vogt, who lived nearby, told reporters for the Hartford Courant that he heard yelling at the Andrews’ home and then heard at least five or six shots being fired. Vogt recalled the family being very nice and quiet neighbors.

Connecticut police officers are currently investigating the stabbing and beating incident as domestic violence. No guns were found inside the home, and law enforcement had not had any previous contact at the residence. They have not yet been able to determine a motive for the violent actions taken by Christopher Andrews. Andrews worked at a law firm on Lexington Avenue in NYC. He reportedly grew up in Queens and graduated from St. John’s University in 1992.

Once the responding officers arrived on the scene, they called for additional units and for medics to tend the wounded mother and the children. Andrews was transported to a local hospital, where he was promptly pronounced dead. An autopsy has been ordered. One police officer involved in the altercation was also sent to the hospital for evaluation.

The road around the home remained shut down so a thorough search of the home and an investigation could take place. The Stanford State Attorney’s Office called for the assistance from the Western District Major Crime Squad to help with the investigation. Detectives from the state police division have now taken over the case.

[Image via Facebook/The Heavy]