Dean Ambrose and Roman Reigns returned to WWE programming for the first time since last week’s Raw, as the WWE continues to develop Dean’s Lunatic Fringe side and tease tension between the former Shield-brethren. Without Brock Lesnar in attendance, however, Stephanie McMahon and The Authority would have to come up with other ways to keep Ambrose down.
— WWE (@WWE) February 9, 2016
Meanwhile, one week after her husband gave what will probably be WWE’s most emotional speech of 2016 when Daniel Bryan elaborated on his retirement, Brie Bella finds herself once again playing an important role in the WWE Divas division. And very early in the show, Kevin Owens lives up to his moniker as the Prizefighter when he walks away from Raw as a new champion.
Since this serves as the last Raw before WWE Fastlane on Sunday, most of the card for that event was booked by the end of the third hour.
Below is a recap of the episode of WWE Monday Night Raw that aired on February 15. The recap is followed by an updated card for WWE Fastlane.
WWE Monday Night Raw results
- WWE Raw begins with WWE Intercontinental Champion Dean Ambrose making his way to the ring, calling out Brock Lesnar. Stephanie McMahon came to the ring and advised Ambrose that he would not be facing the Beast Incarnate, but would still get an “F5” — a special “Fatal 5-Way” IC title match.
- Kevin Owens pinned Tyler Breeze — also defeating Dolph Ziggler, Stardust and now-former champ Dean Ambrose in a Fatal 5-Way Intercontinental Championship Match. Owens won the belt after connecting with a pop-up powerbomb.
- In a backstage interview, Dean Ambrose told Renee Young that, while The Authority thinks they’re just “taking” everything from him, they have really been “giving and giving” to him in terms of motivation for his match at WWE Fastlane. Immediately following that interview, Owens gets in Renee’s face for not interviewing him. Ziggler interrupts and challenges Owens to a title match on Sunday. Owens declines. The match is announced for Fastlane later in the evening anyway.
— WWE (@WWE) February 16, 2016
- WWE Tag Team Champions The New Day make their way to the ring and call out Mark Henry for being a “booty hole” after he abandoned them last week.
- Big E defeated Mark Henry in what looked like a botched finish. Based on the frantic way JBL and Michael Cole tried to explain the finish, it was almost certainly unplanned. It was not clear whether Mark Henry was seriously injured at all.
- While answering questions about the recent retirement of Daniel Bryan, Brie Bella was interrupted by WWE Divas Champion Charlotte and her father Ric Flair. There was an exchange of words, but no physical confrontation.
- Chris Jericho was on guest commentary as A.J. Styles made The Miz tap out and a rubber match between Y2J and The Phenomenal One is set for WWE Fastlane.
- The Dudley Boys cut a promo reiterating the fact that they aren’t relics from a previous era and that they were ditching the table gimmick so that their legacy is about championships and not furniture.
- Summer Rae upset Paige with a roll-up.
- Paul Heyman came to the ring on behalf of Brock Lesnar. This brought out Roman Reigns, who was then attacked by the Dudley Boys. Dean Ambrose made the save.
- Heath Slater defeated Zack Ryder with the help of the distraction provided by the rest of the Social Outcasts at ringside.
- Goldust interrupted R-Truth on a Valentine’s Day date to ask him to be his tag team partner. R-Truth did not accept.
- The League of Nations defeated the Lucha Dragons and Neville when Alberto Del Rio pinned Sin Cara.
- Becky Lynch made Naomi tap out, and Sasha Banks made the save when Tamina and Naomi attacked Lynch post-match.
- In the main event, Big Show defeated Braun Strowman by disqualification when the rest of the Wyatt Family got involved in the match. Post-match, Ryback tried to help Big Show, but the Wyatts kept both men down. Kane then returned through the bottom of the ring, and with some help from Show and Ryback, Bray Wyatt and company were forced to flee.
These results have been verified by WWE.com’s official WWE Raw recap.
Updated WWE Fastlane card
- Triple Threat Match — Brock Lesnar vs. Roman Reigns vs. Dean Ambrose — Winner faces Triple H at WrestleMania 32 for the WWE World Heavyweight Championship.
- WWE Divas Championship Match — Charlotte (c) vs. Brie Bella
- WWE Intercontinental Championship Match — Kevin Owens (c) vs. Dolph Ziggler
- WWE United States Championship Match: 2 Out of 3 Falls — Kalisto (c) vs. Alberto Del Rio
- Sasha Banks & Becky Lynch vs. Naomi & Tamina
— WWE (@WWE) February 12, 2016
- A.J. Styles vs. Chris Jericho
- The New Day will be guests on The Cutting Edge Peep Show with Edge and Christian.
These matches have been verified by WWE.com’s official WWE Fastlane preview.
Where to watch
WWE Monday Night Raw airs weekly on the USA Network at 8/7c. The WWE Raw Pre-Show can be streamed on the WWE Network at 7:30/6:30c. While full replays of WWE Raw aren’t added to the WWE Network immediately, a 90-minute condensed version of WWE Raw can be streamed on Hulu Plus beginning the next day. WWE Fastlane 2016 airs on the WWE Network at 8/7c on February 22.
[Image via WWE]