DMX was found without a pulse on Monday night in the parking lot of a Ramada Inn in Yonkers, and almost immediately, reports circulated that the rapper nearly died of a drug overdose. Now that DMX is recovering from a very scary experience, the rapper is adamant that he was not suffering a drug overdose. Instead, sources close to DMX claim that his health crisis was connected to an existing medical condition, according to the New York Daily News. To further prove his miraculous recovery, DMX has no plans to cancel his planned appearance on Saturday in Pennsylvania.
DMX was found unconscious in a Yonkers parking lot due to a reported overdose: https://t.co/Z6FBHznHHf pic.twitter.com/WtrWGIZPRYDMX, whose real name is Earl Simmons, is currently recovering at the home of his ex-wife Tashera. The former couple is currently in the middle of a divorce but Tashera stepped in to take care of the ailing rapper after learning of his collapse on Monday night. His lawyer, Murray Richman, told the New York Daily News that DMX was in the hospital for six hours after he was found unconscious but that he "bounced right back." DMX reportedly picked up his belongings from the Yonkers hotel and headed for Tashera's house to rest and get better.
— The Source Magazine (@TheSource) February 9, 2016
Murray also claims that DMX was not suffering from a drug overdose despite earlier reports by the media and from first responders who aided the ailing rapper. The emergency response at the Ramada Inn was reported as a possible overdose and those reports were fueled by news that DMX was administered the anti-overdose drug Narcan at the scene. DMX reportedly regained consciousness after receiving the opioid-reversal medication. His attorney is saying that his response after receiving the drug was simply a coincidence. Instead, Murray believes that DMX was suffering from an asthma attack that caused him to lose consciousness.
Rapper-actor DMX found unconscious in hotel parking lot. https://t.co/dbiKLIpmhf. pic.twitter.com/xKNArKesZ8Privacy laws prohibit police from releasing the name of the victim treated on Monday night, but they did confirm that a 45-year-old male was found in the parking lot of the Ramada Inn on Monday night. They also reported that the man had inhaled a powder substance before losing consciousness, spurring the reports of a possible drug overdose for DMX. Officers administered CPR and then gave the rapper oxygen before he began gasping for air and breathing on his own.
— CNN Breaking News (@cnnbrk) February 10, 2016
Once emergency responders arrived on the scene, they decided to administer Narcan to DMX intravenously. The New York Daily News reported that DMX immediately responded to the opioid-reversal medication. Responders claim that someone who is not suffering from a drug overdose would not respond in that way when the medication was administered. Lt. Patrick McCormack told the Associated Press that no drugs or drug paraphernalia were found at the scene and no charges were pending against DMX.
Just got off the phone with the DOG. He's good and in great spirits Thanks for all the blessings???????? @Dmx the Great! pic.twitter.com/vyEwh30eYFOn Tuesday, Swizz Beatz posted a photo of himself and DMX together in the studio with a message about his friend. Swizz captioned the photo, "Just got off the phone with the DOG. He's good and in great spirits."
— SWIZZ BEATZ (@THEREALSWIZZZ) February 9, 2016
Apparently, DMX is in really great spirits and his recovery is going well. The rapper's attorney says he isn't letting the hotel emergency get the best of him and that DMX will still be heading to Pennsylvania this weekend for a show he has planned on Saturday. This is a far cry from reports that DMX was found near death just days ago with many predicting that the rapper just might not make it.
[Photo by Frazer Harrison/Getty Images]