It’s Official: Stevie Nicks and Fleetwood Mac Getting Back Together

Fleetwood Mac frontwoman Stevie Nicks has confirmed that Fleetwood Mac will be getting back together in 2013 and heading for the stage. The whole band is on board according to Nicks.

Nicks said in an interview,

“It’s the plan. Because that’s what we do. I do my thing. And Lindsey [Buckingham] is out doing his thing now.”

Fleetwood Mac’s last tour, 2009’s “Unleashed,” featured a set of the band’s greatest hits.

During the interview Nicks also spoke about the heartbreaking death of Fleetwood Mac’s guitarist Bob Welch. Last month Welch committed suicide last month. Nicks said she was completely shocked that Welch would do such a thing.

Nicks said,

“I can’t even tell you what in the world would have pushed him to do something that crazy.”

Fleetwood Mac is best known for its 1977 smash hit album Rumours. It was widely reported and confirmed by the band that the band were going through extreme emotional distress while the album was being recorded. Despite their own problems, Rumours was critically acclaimed and won the Grammy Award for Album of the Year for 1977. By 2003, Rumours had sold over 19 million copies in the U.S. alone (certified as a diamond album by the RIAA), and a total of 40 million copies worldwide, maintaining its status as one of the biggest-selling albums of all time.

Currently there is a Fleetwood Mac tribute album in the works featuring artists from MGMT and Karen Elson to The Killsamd will be released on August 14. The album, “a Tribute To Fleetwood Mac” can be preordered right now