WWE Superstar Daniel Bryan has missed nearly a year of action, not for some horrific neck or back injury, but for a concussion. WWE seemingly does not want to bring him back to the ring, at least that has been the impression among fans. To most, it seems WWE won’t bring him back because they do not want to risk Bryan getting hurt further during the WWE Concussion lawsuit that has been filed by former WWE talent.
If Bryan were to get a severe concussion that affected his life while in a WWE ring, that could look terrible on WWE during this lawsuit. Other than that, his concussion issue is not really a problem, and word has it that he has been cleared by two doctors. On top of this, he has been training for a comeback to the ring and even worked in jiu-jitsu for a while as he has been out of WWE.
Bryan has been quite vocal about returning to the ring, but yet WWE does not seemingly want it to occur. So why not release a guy who wants to wrestle, especially if you don’t want to use him? That appears to be exactly what WWE is doing, according to Scott Keith’s Blog Of Doom. While it may not sound like a legit source off the bat, they have been on point with a ton of information on WWE, including John Cena leaving for a reality television show late last year.
Keith published an email regarding Daniel Bryan being released, it said the following.
“I work in WWE HR. I’m not high up the totem pole by any means though.
“So on Friday one of my co-workers had to process a release – and that release was for Daniel Bryan.
“Monday, January 18th is the date that is listed for when the deal is processed. Not sure exactly why – my coworker was very quiet about the whole thing other than letting a few people know.
“And to be honest she didn’t let me know – I’m not in her inner circle. I just overheard her telling someone else and she was in shock.
“Not sure why it’s a week away or anything like that as our usual releases are dated that very day. She seemed shocked by it all.”
It does seem odd that WWE would file a release, not for that day, but for the following week. Is this happening so that WWE can allow Daniel Bryan to have one final appearance on WWE RAW before he leaves the company? Is this all being done as a storyline?
Here are the facts of what we know so far. The website is pretty reliable with it’s sources, and the fact that someone spoke out about this to them is not surprising. WWE would obviously not want this getting out, as they would certainly not want the media getting wind of a WWE release before it hits the Superstar himself. On top of this, why would WWE release Daniel Bryan during WrestleMania season?
If nothing else, Daniel Bryan certainly would help during media. He could even work with some of the WWN Live events that WWE is allowing to go on during WrestleMania season as well, due to their partnership with them. Clearly, with Bryan being an independent scene darling, it would be the ideal set-up for them. On top of this, Bryan easily could do a promo or a random segment at WrestleMania 32.
There is really no reason for WWE to release him right now above all, especially a week shy of the Royal Rumble PPV. This was actually a time most thought Bryan might return to the WWE.
Bryan has been on social media talking up a return to the ring, but never said that he would return to a WWE ring. Bryan may have asked to be let go just recently, but is certainly is puzzling that WWE would ask for it to be filed a week away from the time it was officially filed.
Some may speculate that this is all a storyline that WWE is starting by using a red herring to get the wrestling media talking about Bryan leaving, then all the sudden he shows up at the Rumble. This is not beyond WWE, as they have done it in the past. However, if WWE were to release Daniel Bryan before WrestleMania 32 — many fans might be ticked off heavily. Others might say that it was about time for Bryan, so he could get back to the ring. Regardless, it will certainly get press and we will cover it if WWE does go through with the release.
[Image via WWE]