Sorry to break it to you fans, but Austin Mahone and Becky G are so over. The exes threw some shade at each other on Twitter recently, hinting that they’re so over.
Austin Mahone, 19, and Becky G, 18, are usually kind and supportive of one another and their careers. But now it looks like they’re dissing each other through vague passive aggressive tweets, according to the Hollywood Life. It started on Thursday, Jan. 7 when Becky G tweeted, “Honestly, I can’t be mad… I may have to tip my hat,” to which Mahone responded: “Don’t be sad that it’s over, be happy that it happened.”
Becky had to have the last word about their split, which happened in late August. She tweeted, “Throwing shade like it’s sunny.” Now it’s not clear if these tweets were directed at each other, but the timing of their tweets is coincidental. In Seventeen magazine’s Prom issue, Becky revealed the real reason why she and Austin Mahone broke up in the first place.
Becky G admitted that even though she was happy with Austin, their busy schedules got in the way of the way of their relationship. In the interview, she also admitted that there’s no “bad blood” between them, but it looks like those feelings change if their recent tweets are any indication.
“It was really hard because we were very open about how happy we were. It was only fair for me to set the story straight after we broke up. I was with someone who was really amazing and inspiring, and everything was right about us except the timing. We had so many dreams and aspirations before we started dating and you can’t forget those. Honestly, it sucked really bad, but he’s so awesome and there’s no bad blood.”
Both Becky G and Austin Mahone have been focused on their burgeoning music careers. Both singers have been releasing new songs and buzz worthy music, in order to garner interest in their upcoming debut albums. Over the holidays, Mahone released his free mix-tape appropriately titled This Isn’t the Album as a thank-you to his fans. In the track list includes “Rollin’,” a track he worked on with Becky G prior to their split.
But rumors have been swirling that Austin has officially moved on from the “Break A Sweat” singer. According to several media outlets and a girl seen on his Instagram page, which had some fans thinking was his next girlfriend. He shared a photo of himself with the mystery blonde, who was identified as Amanda Gonz, a close friend of singer Jake Miller, including the caption: “She wasn’t readyyyyy.”
Although the pair could be in the same group of friends, some of Mahone’s past known girlfriends were girls he started out as friends with. But Mahone is too sick these days to lay it down with the ladies. He took an adorable selfie along with the caption, “I think I got a cold,” along with the gun emoji.
- His fans are called “Mahomies.”
- He loves eating ketchup so much, that he would accept ketchup bottles as Christmas and birthday presents.
- He is working on a project with Rob Rabb that’s going to be different from the sound on his mix-tape.
- Austin says that he loves visiting Japan, and he would love to visit Australia someday.
- His favorite movie is either Step Brothers or Elf, both of which star Will Ferrell.
- Austin Mahone may be busy with his music but he loves to chill out by playing basketball, swimming, or watching movies.
- He loves matching his accessories to his clothing.
- He loves wearing all kinds of hats.
- Austin has an impressive shoe collection. He previously admitted that he owns 500 pairs of shoes, and his favorite is his Air Mags.
- He wants to collaborate with Chris Brown.
- Mahone loves a girl who wears a T-Shirt and sweatpants.
- He loves to Netflix and chill on date nights, especially “getting close on the couch.”
- Austin owns two cats, one named Anthony, and the other is named Blair.
- He’s ready to take a selfie with his cats at any given time.
- Mahone says he hates working out, but he does when he has to.
What are your thoughts on Austin Mahone and Becky G? Do you think the exes were throwing shade at each other on Twitter? Are you sad to hear that they’re done for good? Sound off below in the comments section.
[Photo by Mike Coppola/Getty Images for Victoria’s Secret and Photo by Cindy Ord/Getty Images for TJ Martell]