Hugh Jackman may be known to most people as Marvel’s Wolverine, but there is so much more to this incredibly talented actor that just claws and immortality. Here are ten Hugh Jackman facts that are truly mind-blowing.
1. Celebs Now reports that Hugh Jackman’s father raised him and his siblings after his mother left the family, and he says his father is his rock.
2. Hugh Jackman admitted he had anger issues as a child. He blames this on the fact that his mom left the family when he was only eight years old.
“It was triggered because my parents were going to get reconciled and didn’t.”
Hugh also added that while playing rugby his anger would “come out.”
“[It was] rage I identify as Wolverine rage.”
3. Hugh Jackman has had his share of health problems, specifically skin cancer. He has had skin cancer removed four times!
“I go every three months for check-ups. My doctor says I’ll likely have more and if that’s your cross to bear in life, you should be so lucky.”
4. Hugh Jackman is not just a talented actor; he is also a talented singer. He even sang at Nicole Kidman and Keith Urban’s wedding.
“Nicole asked me to sing Keith’s favourite song, ‘Tenterfield Saddler,’ which is one of my favourite songs as well. It was probably the most romantic and beautiful wedding I’ve been to.”
5. Hugh Jackman absolutely loves George Clooney, to the point that he’s apologizing to Clooney’s wife Amal. Jackson shared this revelation in a Twitter video.
If I were a woman which celebrity would I date? I reckon George Clooney because…..ps sorry Amal xx HJ pic.twitter.com/maN1Zxge9A
— Hugh Jackman (@RealHughJackman) September 30, 2015
“He’s funny, he’s naughty and he’s kind of cheeky. And he just looks like fun.”
Hugh shared a video of his revelation on Twitter with the caption: “PS, sorry, Amal.”
6. Hugh Jackman does not believe in the whole idea of the sex symbol.
“I’ve never believed the sex symbol thing. When I was 18 no one said: ‘Whoooh, he’s the sexiest man alive.’ Why doesn’t that happen when you really need it, like in your twenties, not when you’ve been married for nearly 20 years?”
7. Hugh Jackman and his wife, Deborra-Lee Furness, could not have their own children. Furness suffered two miscarriages before the couple decided to adopt. They first adopted a son, Oscar, in 2000 and then a daughter, Ava, in 2004. Jackson had one thing to say about adopting his children.
“[It was] the best thing ever.”
— Woman’s Day magazine (@WomansDayAus) November 10, 2015
8. Movie Fone reports that Hugh Jackman revealed his son, Oscar, uses Jackman’s movie star status to pick up the ladies.
“He said to me the other day, ‘Dad, two o’clock, hot chick.’ He walks over, and I heard him say, ‘Hey, my dad’s Wolverine.’ That’s his opening line! He brings them over and asks, ‘Dad, can we have a few autographs for the girls?’ I’m like, ‘Am I pimping for my kids?’ “
9. Hugh Jackman was offered the role of 007 James Bond for the 2006 movie Casino Royale, but because there were scheduling issues, the part ultimately went to Daniel Craig. Maybe Jackman will take the James Bond role sometime in the future?
— Vera (@vejmite) December 18, 2015
10. In April, 2013, a woman stalked Hugh Jackman. She was waiting for him outside his gym in Greenwich Village in New York. When she saw him, she asked him if they were getting married and then she went into the gym and threatened Jackman with an electric shaver. The woman was arrested and released to Riker’s Island on $15,000 bail.
[Photo by Neilson Barnard/Getty Images]