Tonight, WWE gives the WWE Universe an early holiday gift as the last episode of Monday Night Raw before Christmas not only continues the build towards Royal Rumble 2016 but also includes WWE's answer to the ESPYs, the WWE Slammy Awards.Every week, WWE.com posts their "Raw Five-Point Preview" to give viewers an idea of what to expect for the upcoming edition of "the longest running weekly episodic show" on U.S. television. Here's a look at what we can expect to see on tonight's WWE Raw.
- And the Slammy goes to...There's no doubt that Michael Cole will remind the WWE Universe time and time again during tonight's Raw that you can vote for the Slammys during the show via the WWE App. While some of the Slammys will be awarded during the WWE Slammys Pre-Show, such awards as Match of the Year, "The Is Awesome!" Moment of the Year, and Diva of the Year will be awarded during Raw. There are several social media options that can be used to vote for the WWE Slammy Awards, including Superstar of the Year (which, for the first time ever, includes every Superstar on the WWE Roster, from John Cena to Heath Slater).
- Will Reigns pay the price?According to Sheamus, The Authority is currently conducting an "investigation" of Roman Reigns' title reign. Causing flashbacks of the Austin/McMahon feud that really set the Attitude Era on fire, Vince rebooted the Mr. McMahon character in a final attempt to get The Big Dog over with the WWE Universe -- and it just might have worked. Tonight, will any findings of the investigation be revealed?
- The Wyatts' new "extremes"The Wyatt Family has shut down the latest ECW revival by beating Tommy Dreamer, Rhyno and the Dudley Boyz two nights in a row in matches that would normally be to the advantage of the extreme icons -- a Tables Match at WWE TLC and an Extreme Rules Match the following night on WWE Raw. Having established themselves as the current kings of extreme, will Bray and company continue to battle the innovators of violence?
- Is Becky Lynch reaching a boiling point?The WWE Divas division is in the midst of a shake-up. Two-time former WWE Divas Champion Paige turned on PCB members Charlotte and Becky, but the WWE Universe doesn't seem to have completely lost hope in the anti-Diva. Meanwhile, Charlotte continues to look more and more like her father, slowing becoming the "dirtiest Diva in the game." The Lass Kicker has taken exception to Charlotte's new attitude and is being egged on not only by Paige but also by Team B.A.D. Will Becky find herself fighting for the WWE Divas Championship at this year's Royal Rumble event?
- Head GamesSometimes, the WWE roster is so chock-full of talent that the guys chasing after mid-card titles like the Intercontinental and the United States Championship could just as easily be a part of the WWE World Heavyweight Championship scene. The United States Champion Alberto Del Rio certainly fits that bill, and so do all three Superstars currently eyeing the Intercontinental strap: champion Dean Ambrose and former champions Kevin Owens and Dolph Ziggler. While all three men seem to be obvious choices as competitors in the upcoming Royal Rumble Match, could we also see a Triple Threat Match for the WWE Intercontinental Championship at the annual January classic that kicks off the "Road to WrestleMania?"
[Image via WWE]