Sinead O’Connor’s Facebook Page Back Online After Suicide Scare

Sinead O’Connor wrote in a Facebook post last Sunday that she had taken an overdose, according to Fox News. The alarming Facebook post prompted Irish police to start looking for her, but the “Nothing Compares 2 U” singer did not make it easy, describing her location in the Facebook post as “at a hotel, somewhere in Ireland, under another name.”

Sinead O’Connor’s Facebook page was removed from Facebook after the post was made, and has since been restored – but without the original post.

The reason Sinead O’Connor took an overdose is because, from her own words, there is “no other way to get respect.”

In the Facebook post, the singer accuses her own family of being indifferent toward her.

“If I wasn’t posting this, my kids and family wouldn’t even find out. Was dead for another fortnight since none of them bother their hole with me for a minute. I could have been dead here for weeks already and they’d never have known.”

However, less than two hours after the post was published, Irish police reported finding Sinead O’Connor “safe and sound,” according to Fox News.

The upsetting Facebook post appears to be a means for Sinead O’Connor to vent. The singer was apparently unable to put up with the troublesome life in her family. O’Connor accused her family in abandoning her in the months since she had a hysterectomy back in August.

Apparently, a visitation battle with the father of her youngest son was the final straw for Sinead O’Connor. In her Facebook post, the singer was referring to herself as “scum” and “invisible,” and said “there is only so much any woman can be expected to bear.”

Sinead O’Connor finishes her note saying she is an “idiot.”

“Well done guys, you’ve finally got rid of me. Sorry the penny didn’t drop sooner. I’m an idiot. Everyone is better off. Never ever do this to a woman again.”

Sinead O’Connor’s Facebook wall post has been full of strong statements about her kids and ex-husband.

It’s not Sinead O’Connor’s first reported suicide attempt, according to Fox News. Eight years ago, the singer revealed on Oprah’s TV show that she tried to commit suicide on her 33 birthday, after being diagnosed with bipolar disorder.

Another reason that may have prompted Sinead O’Connor to attempt to commit suicide is her conflict with an alleged stalker, which was reported by the Daily Mail over a week ago.

The forty-eight-year-old singer begged the stalker to leave her alone, because she couldn’t put up anymore with him “setting her up to be raped,” as reported by the British news source, citing Sinead O’Connor’s Facebook page.

Sinead O’Connor claimed in the Facebook post she was put on suicide watch at hospital “in no small part due to [her stalker]’s incessant sexually disturbed harassment.”

In the Facebook post, Sinead O’Connor complains that the stalker bombards her with constant emails, in which he says that he is “setting her up to be raped,” according to the Mirror.

Sinead O’Connor went as far as begging the stalker to leave her alone:

“Again I beg you on bended knee, please leave me alone. Your joyful declarations that you have set me up to be raped are extraordinarily traumatizing. As are your refusals to stop it unless I ‘remunerate’ you.”

Sinead O’Connor has apparently reported the stalker to police on several occasions since March, when the emails started coming, but the police have “done nothing about it.”

Following the reinstatement of her Facebook page, Sinead O’Connor posted again, likening herself to a phoenix rising from the flames. Her post was met with thousands of positive comments from fans.

Sinead O’Connor was forced to cancel a number of gigs during the summer on doctors’ orders. With everything Sinead O’Connor has been through lately, it seems as if the singer with the phenomenal voice needs to take some time out for herself.

[Photo by Stephen Lovekin/Getty Images]