Both Amazon and Walmart's Black Friday 2015 ads may have electronics eager to jump on one of the 4K TV deals, but there are actually a variety of 2015 Black Friday sales that should please any shopper. It turns out that Star Wars fans have the most rejoicing to do, since the upcoming movie means there is a ton of 2015 Black Friday deals available for them.
In a related report by the Inquisitr, a new petition is asking U.S. Congress to make an official Black Friday holiday so parents and young people can afford to enjoy the day. Those who hate the shopping rush should also check out Walmart and Amazon's Cyber Monday 2015 ads.
Retailers are mixing it up a lot this year. One of the biggest announcements was that Walmart's Black Friday deals, including most doorbusters, would become available online on Thanksgiving day (which means right now). There also many other unique Black Friday deals. Florida shoppers for Beall's can register to win one of ten Guy Harvey limited edition Paddleboards ($1,500 value). Old Navy may make you rich and not poor from shopping, since the the first 50 shoppers in line at each store a chance to win $1 million.
FatWallet explains that this mix includes "more than 2,000 deals for under $5, 6,500 under $10 and nearly 13,000 under $20, with more than half of these featuring savings of 50 [percent] off or more." Historically, Black Friday sales often focus on the best TV deals, but in 2015, there only 280 Black Friday TV deals in the ads, while in 2014 there were 620 TV deals. In contrast, there are over 400 Star Wars deals in a wide variety of merchandise categories.
- The Star Wars Black Friday: Beyond the expected toys and video games, Black Friday offers a great opportunity to grab a deal on a Star Wars collectible. For example, Kohl's and other retailers have action figures under $10 and men's socks and T-shirts under $5. Macy's has Star Wars character sleepwear 65 percent off. Meijer has Episode 7 Extendable Lightsabers for $5. True Value has 28" lighted yard characters for $40. Half Price Books has a Star Wars "Absolutely Everything You Need to Know" Star Wars Book for $16 and a Star Wars 4-16 oz. Pint set for $22.
- Begging for Black Friday pet deals: PetSmart is offering 50 percent off pet beds, Petco is offering FREE Max Antlers for dogs and Grinch headpieces for cats, and Menards has $3 pet sweaters. It's also a really great time to save money on pet food and treats, including Amazon with 60 percent off Nylabones, and PetSmart giving $5 towards food purchases with every $35 spent. True Value has $2 dog and cat toys and PetSmart is offering 50 percent off of live reptiles.
- Packed with Black Friday luggage deals: With over 200 luggage items to choose from, Macy's has the Tag Matrix Herdside Spinner Suitcase for $50, and JCPenney and Kohl's have similar carry on rollers for $40. The majority of big box stores offer full 5 pc. luggage sets for $50, which is $100 or more off name brand products like American Tourist, Samsonite, Swiss Gear and Tag. Target has Star Wars kids carry on luggage for $25.
- Get creative with Black Friday arts & crafts deals: More than 500 items are on sale, including Michael's offering 30% off your entire purchase (in-store and online). Many stores have B1G1 assorted Crayola, Sharpie, and kids activities kits. JoAnn fabrics has up to 75 percent off solids, prints, flannels and fleece fabrics. Also a good time to save money on supplies to make your own cards and decorations.
- Tune up to Black Friday automotive deals: Shoppers have more than 250 auto items to buy from, including BOGO Rain X Weather Beater Wipers and Ice Scrapers at Meijer, and True Value has Jumper Cables for $6 and 750V Jump Starters for $20. Sears is offering B3G1 Roadhandler tires with free installation, a $50 Sears Gift Card, and $100 in store points. Cabbala's has 25 percent off SPG floor mats and seat covers. Walmart has Goodyear tires starting at $54 each.
Best Buy, Target, And Walmart's Black Friday TV Deals ComparedAssuming you still are hunting for a 4K TV, the Inquisitr has created a comparison guide for the 2015 Black Friday TV deals from these three retailers (not including Amazon). The list has arranged all the TV deals from cheapest to most expensive while listing the retailer. Keep in mind that the relative value of a product is often determined by features (curved screens, Smart TV, refresh rate, HDMI ports, etc) and brand name, but this Black Friday comparison guide does not attempt to compare these products in this manner.
- [Best Buy] LG 24-inch 720p 60Hz LED HDTV for $79.99
- [Target] Westinghouse 32-inch 720p 60Hz LED HDTV for $99.99
- [Walmart] Roku 32-inch Class Smart HDTV for $125
- [Best Buy] Samsung 24-inch 720p 60Hz Smart LED HDTV for $147.99
- [Walmart] 40-inch Class LED HDTV for $149 (brands vary by store)
- [Best Buy] Toshiba 49-inch LED HDTV for $149.99
- [Best Buy] Insignia 40-inch LED HDTV for $159.99
- [Target] Element 43-inch 60Hz LED HDTV for $169.99
- [Target] Samsung 32-inch 720p 60Hz LED HDTV for $177.99
- [Walmart] Samsung 32-inch LED HDTV for $198
- [Best Buy] Samsung 32-inch 60Hz Smart LED HDTV for $227.99
- [Target] Element 50-inch 60Hz LED HDTV for $239.99
- [Target] Westinghouse 55-inch LED HDTV for $249.99
- [Walmart] 55-inch Class LED HDTV for $269 (brands vary by store)
- [Target] Samsung 40-inch Smart LED HDTV for $297.99 ($317.99 minus a $20 Target Gift Card)
- [Walmart] Samsung 40-inch LED HDTV for $298
- [Best Buy] Sharp 50-inch 60Hz LED HDTV for $299.99
- [Best Buy] Samsung 40-inch 60Hz Smart LED HDTV for $317.99
- [Walmart] Roku 55-inch Smart LED HDTV for $348
- [Best Buy] Toshiba 55-inch 60Hz LED HDTV for $349.99
- [Best Buy] Samsung 48-inch LED HDTV for $379.99
- [Target] Element 55-inch Smart 4K TV for $399.99
- [Best Buy] LG 43-inch 120Hz Smart 4K TV for $399.99
- [Walmart] Hisense 55-inch 4K TV for $448
- [Target] LG 49-inch 120Hz Smart 4K TV for $499.99
- [Best Buy] LG 49-inch 120Hz 4K TV for $499.99
- [Best Buy] Vizio 50-inch 120Hz Smart 4K TV for $599.99
- [Best Buy] Samsung 60-inch 60Hz LED HDTV for $697.99
- [Target] Samsung 60-inch 120Hz LED HDTV for $697.99
- [Walmart] LG 55-inch 4K Ultra HD TV For $698 ($300 savings)
- [Target] Samsung 55-inch 120Hz Smart 4K TV for $797.99
- [Best Buy] Samsung 60-inch 60Hz 4K TV for $799.99
- [Walmart] Vizio 70-inch Smart LED HDTV for $898
- [Walmart] Samsung 55-inch Class Curved Smart 4K Ultra HD TV for $998 ($200 savings)
- [Best Buy] Vizio 65-inch 120Hz 4K TV for $999.99
- [Best Buy] Samsung 55-inch 60Hz Smart 4K TV for $999.99
- [Best Buy] Samsung 60-inch 60Hz Smart 4K TV for $1,299.99
- [Best Buy] Samsung 55-inch 120Hz 3D Smart 4K TV for $1,499.99
- [Best Buy] Samsung 65-inch 120Hz 3D Smart 4K TV for $1,999.99