John Cena has been missing from WWE Raw(and WWE programming altogether) since losing the WWE United States Championship to Alberto Del Rio at Hell in a Cell. Will we get an update on Cena’s whereabouts on tonight’s episode of WWE Monday Night Raw? What will Bray Wyatt have to say about the Undertaker and Kane? Will WWE World Heavyweight Champion Seth Rollins get in the face of No. 1 contender Roman Reigns?
Every Monday morning, the WWE puts together a Monday Night Raw preview on their website. This is always a good indication of what storylines the WWE will be focusing on for that evening’s Raw. We’ll take a look at their Five Point Preview to see what’s being prepared for WWE Raw on November 2.
- Roman Reigns and Seth Rollins — On last week’s episode of Raw, Reigns defeated Dolph Ziggler, Alberto Del Rio, and Kevin Owens in the main event to become the No. 1 contender for Seth Rollins’ WWE World Heavyweight Championship. Although it hasn’t officially been announced, it is likely that the title match will take place at Survivor Series on Sunday, November 22. Will we get the official announcement tonight? Will Rollins or Reigns request any special stipulations?
- Bray Wyatt, Undertaker and Kane — Wyatt claims to have taken the souls of both “Brothers of Destruction,” but will both the Undertaker and his brother Kane remain silent this week? Will The Wyatt Family claim another victim? Many have speculated that Brock Lesnar or Sting (or both) may come to the rescue of Taker and Kane, which would lead nicely into a traditional Survivor Series elimination match at the next PPV. Will someone step up to Bray and his followers on WWE Raw?
- Alberto Del Rio — One of the biggest surprises that WWE has pulled lately was the return of Alberto Del Rio at Hell in a Cell, along with new ally, Zeb Coulter. Now that Del Rio is the WWE United States Champion, who will he run into next? WWE still hasn’t explained the absence of the biggest star on the roster, John Cena. When will he get a rematch for ADR’s title? Will Alberto have a match tonight?
- Team B.A.D. and Natalya — On Thursday Night SmackDown, Team B.A.D. — Sasha Banks, Naomi and Tamina Snuka — distracted Natalya during her match with Paige and then proceeded with a post-match beat-down. Natalya and Sasha have been in the ring in the past. Could we see a rematch tonight between “The Boss” and the daughter of Jim “The Anvil” Neidhart? Will Natalya’s friends Charlotte and Becky have anything to say to Team B.A.D.? And where does Team Bella fit into all of this?
- Dolph Ziggler and Tyler Breeze — Tyler Breeze made his main roster debut on the October 22 episode of Thursday Night SmackDown. In that short amount of time, he’s made quite a name for himself. After spending five years in NXT with constant comparisons to Dolph Ziggler, “Prince Pretty” finally showed up alongside Summer Rae and attacked “The Showoff” during his interview on MizTV. Will Tyler Breeze give a full explanation of his recent actions on WWE Raw tonight? Will they be on opposing sides of Survivor Series teams in a few weeks, or will they continue this feud with a singles match? And just how will Summer Rae be involved?
Of course, the one issue that the WWE.com article didn’t address is the absence of John Cena. It’s rare that someone as important as John Cena takes off this much time, and WWE doesn’t address the issue at all. Although Cena and WWE never gave an exact reason as to why Cena would be gone, it was reported that John would return to WWE on December 26. As Wrestling Inc. reported, John Cena may return to WWE earlier than that. With WWE’s TLC event scheduled for December 13 in John Cena’s hometown of Boston, and Vince McMahon still worrying about WWE Monday Night Raw ratings, it would be no big surprise for Cena to return at that event and perhaps challenge Alberto Del Rio for the WWE United States Championship.
Whatever the case, both WWE and John Cena have remained fairly silent. Since Hell in a Cell, the only activity on John Cena’s Twitter account worth noting are videos of Cena working out, Halloween photos of Cena and Nikki Bella, and a tweet about their Taylor Swift concert experience.
WWE Monday Night Raw airs live on the USA Network at 8 p.m. EST. The Monday Night Raw pre-show will air at 7:30 p.m. EST on the WWE Network.
[Image credit Rob Kim / Getty Images]