With season 6 of AMC’s The Walking Dead approaching, here are some fun things to do to fill in time until the October 11 premiere.
- Haven’t watched the show? That’s okay, Fine Brothers Entertainment have that covered for you! All it will take is 16 minutes of your time and you will be totally caught up on everything that has gone down in the previous five seasons of The Walking Dead. The videos are conveniently broken up into seasons 1-4 and then a separate one for season 5, so fans who just want a refresher of the previous season and don’t have time to watch the entire season all over again can just watch the season 5 video.
3. For fans that have time this week, they can tune into the Zombie Apocalypse week on AMC. Technically, it started last week with the rerun of season 1 of Fear The Walking Dead that culminated in the season 1 finale premiere last Sunday night, but fans can watch the entire five seasons of The Walking Dead just by tuning into AMC. You can check out the full program schedule for Zombie Apocalypse week here.
4. Easter Eggs. While you are watching reruns of The Walking Dead, why not see how many Easter eggs you can spot? There are probably more than mentioned in the recent article on Zimbio, but for starters, why not try to spot all the Walking Dead walkers that are based on famous zombies? Other interesting things to look out for include the fact that most comics shown in The Walking Dead are creations from the show’s creator Robert Kirkman, a reference to another AMC series, Breaking Bad, and that one time that they made the Governor look like a pirate. It will be good practice as, according to Norman Reedus (who plays Daryl Dixon) when he spoke to Entertainment Weekly, there will be an Easter egg in the upcoming season 6 of The Walking Dead in one of the zombies that will remind fans of a special Daryl and Carol moment.
“There’s one particularly beautiful, gruesome zombie — he’s got a lot of green moss on him. But when you see that episode — it’s in episode 6, I think, that particular zombie — something happens, and it harks back to a Daryl and Carol moment.”
5. Throw a Walking Dead-themed party. There are plenty of ideas on Pinterest to get you started with ideas on the sorts of food to prepare for a Walking Dead-themed party. All you have to do is search for “Halloween food ideas” and search through until you find the zombie-related food ideas. Alternatively, you could check out a previous Inquisitr article here.
7. Check out how much Rick’s first zombie kill has changed. Addy Miller is the name of the actress who played bunny slippers walker girl, and she was only 10 years old at the time. Now, Addy is 15 and not at all recognizable as Rick Grimes’ first on-air walker kill. Recently, Huffington Post interviewed Addy Miller, and she recalls the scene in which Rick shot her character.
“When I was actually getting shot, I had to jump backwards off a ladder to get that one shot. It was fun for me. I didn’t know the risk of that, of course. I’m just like, ‘Oh well, that’s fun!'”
8. Speaking of walkers, check out the crazy supercut Fast Company did of the most creative walker deaths in The Walking Dead so far:
9. Game away the time until the season 5 premiere of The Walking Dead. The fan favorite game version of The Walking Dead is probably Telltale’s version, of which you can find out all the details here. As well as this Walking Dead game, Skybound just recently released The Walking Dead: Road To Survival. Information on this game can be found here.
The Walking Dead returns to AMC for season 6 on Sunday, October 11, 2015.
How do you like to prepare for The Walking Dead? Let us know by commenting below!