Paranormal Investigators: Mark And Debbie Constantino Found Dead After Police Standoff

Paranormal investigators Mark and Debbie Constantino, who are featured in the Travel Channel show Ghost Adventures, were found dead following a standoff with Sparks, Nevada, police.

Police found the dead paranormal investigators inside their daughter's apartment Tuesday, according to WUSA. Authorities also found a third person dead in a home in Northwest Reno, the report indicates.

Mark and Debbie Constantino were found near Sparks High School in Nevada. The SWAT team was called to the scene where the paranormal investigators were found dead. The apartment building was evacuated and put on lockdown.

According to the Reno Gazette Journal, the dead paranormal investigators had a long history of domestic abuse. Police was first called to an apartment in Northwest Reno at 6:30 a.m. When they arrived, they found a man dead inside the home, Lt. William Rulla said.

In addition, officers were later informed that a female roommate -- who was estranged from her husband -- was also missing, Rulla said. When Sparks police arrived at the home, they heard a man yelling for them to stay back and several shots were allegedly fired.

Negotiators tried to talk the man into surrendering; however, in the end they were forced to blow the door open. That's when they found the dead paranormal investigators inside.

Documents obtained by the RSJ from the Washoe County District Court indicate that the dead paranormal investigators featured in the popular show Ghost Adventures had a history of domestic abuse. Mark Constantino, 53, and his 52-year-old wife, Debra, filed several orders against each other in the last few years.

In July 2012, Mark Constantino filed an order against his wife claiming he was worried she might stab him while she was intoxicated, the publications says. The dead paranormal investigator also accused his wife of calling the police on him in the previous months. The order was dropped the following day.

However, this was not the end of the paranormal investigator's marital problems. Mark Constantino called police again earlier this year, claiming in court documents his wife had attempted to stab him.

"She grabbed a knife, swiped at me. I said I would call the cops, she started screaming at me."

"She went into the bedroom and said I threatened to rape her like she usually did. The cops were outside and heard her screaming."

In August 2015, Debra Constantino filed for divorce and for a protective order against her husband and moved in with a friend. She later claimed her husband and their 23-year-old daughter had beaten and strangled her until she passed out.

It is unclear what sparked the latest incident which resulted in the death of the paranormal investigators.

[Image via Reno Gazette Journal]