Baltimore Teen Charged With Attempted Murder After Cafeteria Fight [Video]

A Baltimore high school student faces attempted murder charges after he viciously attacked another male student in the cafeteria according to authorities.

The beating on Wednesday afternoon occurred at Frederick Douglass High School and was caught on cell phone video that has subsequently gone viral on social media.

The victim of the attack, 16, reportedly suffered a seizure in the lunchroom as a result of his severe injuries, and received treatment at a local hospital for a concussion and a broken nose. He is now listed in stable condition.

"Sean Johnson, 17, was charged as adult in the attack, according to the state's attorneys office. Johnson faces multiple charges, including first- and second-degree attempted murder, and assault. According to court records, he was arrested and charged Thursday and being held without bond," the Baltimore Sun reported.

The suspect and the victim were reportedly members of the high school football team. Johnson allegedly accused the victim of stealing his football helmet visor, and that's apparently the source of the violent confrontation, WBAL reported.

"The brute continues pummeling the victim in the face while he's on the ground, and finishes his assault by stomping his victim's head. After the attack, the victim appears to be bleeding from his face and onto the floor, and twitches on the ground as classmates scream in horror," the New York Daily News explained.

The Baltimore City Public School system issued a statement today in response to the brutal beatdown.

"A Frederick Douglass High School student sustained serious injuries to his face and head yesterday following an altercation with a fellow student. The incident occurred at approximately 12:00 noon in the school cafeteria. School staff on duty in the cafeteria immediately intervened to break up the altercation. The injured student was transferred to Shock Trauma. The suspect was taken into custody by Baltimore City School Police and transported to the Department of Juvenile Services (DJS). As of this morning, the victim is reported to be in stable condition and has been transferred to the University of Maryland Medical Center. School police have been notified by the Baltimore City State's Attorney's Office that the suspect was transferred overnight from DJS to the Central Booking Intake Facility and has been charged as an adult with attempted murder. The investigation is ongoing."
In October 2014, as the Inquisitr reported at the time, the same west Baltimore high school was the scene of an alleged girl gang attack on a 17-year-old female that made national headlines.

[image credit: Marylandstater]