Oklahoma Man Accused Of Raping Toddler To Death

An Oklahoma man has been arrested after authorities say he raped and killed his girlfriend’s 2-year-old daughter. HLN reports that 22-year-old Justin Lawson has been charged with first-degree murder and rape, and the details surrounding the death of his alleged victim are nothing short of graphic and horrifying.

Authorities in Oklahoma City responded to the residence of the unnamed child victim and discovered that the 2-year-old was not breathing. EMTs rushed to the scene and transported the child for medical care. Unfortunately, she was pronounced dead by the time she arrived at the Children’s Hospital. An examination of the deceased tot’s body found that she had been sexually assaulted.

The severity of the child’s injuries is horrifying. Medical staff determined that she had multiple tears in her anus along with internal injuries sustained during an alleged sexual assault. The child’s mother told authorities that her 22-year-old boyfriend had been alone with her daughter while she was at school, and that he called her to tell her that the child was not feeling well. According to the mother, the 2-year-old tot had diarrhea and was vomiting the previous evening. Authorities were not able to interview the Oklahoma man at the time of their arrival to the residence; he reportedly fled shortly after they were called. Fortunately, he was apprehended a short time later and was charged with the crimes against the deceased child.

KFOR News reports that the mother of the 2-year-old victim is absolutely distraught. Keah Cudjo shared what Justin had told her when he called to tell her that the child was ill.

“I got a call that she peed on herself and was shaking. I tried to come home, but he said she was alright.”

Unfortunately, the 2-year-old Oklahoma child’s condition worsened, and Lawson called Cudjo again.

“By the time I got here, my baby was on her back foaming at her mouth. The first thing I did was ran to my baby screaming for someone to take me to the hospital.”

Paramedics reportedly tried to revive the child for an hour, according to her mother. However, the child succumbed to her injuries — having lost a lot of blood — and died by the time she was transported to the hospital.

“I just want to know why did he do my baby like that.”

The 2-year-old victim’s mother had only been dating the man for a couple of weeks but had known him for most of her life as a childhood friend. The mother is confused as to why her longtime friend did this to her child and wonders if drugs had pushed him to do the unthinkable. Meanwhile, her family wants him to get the death penalty for his actions.

[Photo: Oklahoma City Police mugshot/Justin Lawson]