PlayStation 4 owners waiting for the release of Uncharted 4: A Thief’s End now have a date to mark on their calendar to start counting down the days. Sony announced the release date for the latest Nathan Drake adventure along with two limited edition versions full of physical goodies plus a digital deluxe edition.
Uncharted 4 is now targeting a March 18, 2016, release for the PS4 following a delay earlier this year to give Naughty Dog more time to polish the action-adventure game. The Uncharted: Nathan Drake Collection is coming this fall to hold fans over, but you can begin eyeing the different editions to decide how much Drake you can afford.
Following the Uncharted 4 standard edition at $60, the next step up is the Special Edition for $80 that comes with a steelbook case, art book, sticker sheet, and in-game currency. The Collector’s Edition adds all of that plus a 12-inch statue and various in-game multiplayer outfits and weapon skins for $119.99. Finally, the Digital Deluxe Edition packs a digital download of the game along with a season pass for future DLC.
Here’s the full breakdown of each Uncharted 4 edition straight from Sony.
The Uncharted 4: A Thief’s End Special Edition ($79.99 USD, $99.99 CAD) ncludes:
– Uncharted 4: A Thief’s End Blu-ray Disc
– Collectible Steelbook case designed by Alexander “That Kid Who Draws” Iaccarino
– 48-page hardcover art book by Dark Horse and Naughty Dog
– Naughty Dog & Pirate Sigil sticker sheet
– Naughty Dog Points: A pack of in-game currency to unlock various multiplayer content
The Uncharted 4: A Thief’s End Libertalia Collector’s Edition ($119.99 USD) includes everything listed above in addition to the following.
– A 12″ premium Nathan Drake statue by Gentle Giant
– Three multiplayer outfits: Uncharted: Drake’s Fortune, Heist Drake, and Desert Drake outfits
– Two custom weapon skins: Golden Weapon Skin and Desert Weapon Skin
– Henry Avery Sigil ball cap
– Madagascar Sidekick outfits
The $79.99 Uncharted 4 Digital Deluxe Edition is for those that want all the planned DLC, including the first single-player DLC in the series.
– A digital copy of Uncharted 4: A Thief’s End
– Uncharted 4 Triple Pack: Includes future access to the first-ever, single-player story add-on for the Uncharted series and two multiplayer packs that will unlock new, rare and legendary multiplayer items
– Instant unlock of two multiplayer customization items
The Triple Pack will be available separately, but Sony hasn’t announced a price or availability date yet. There are also three different pre-order bonuses dependent on which retailer the game is pre-ordered from.
1) Pre-order at GameStop to receive the Multiplayer Booster Pack to instantly unlock a variety of one-time use multiplayer boosts, and The Phurba Dagger Taunt based on the iconic symbol from Uncharted 2: Among Thieves.
2) Pre-order at Amazon to receive the Snow Camo weapon customization and the Desert Drake outfit multiplayer customization.
3) Pre-order via PlayStation Store to receive the Uncharted 4: A Thief’s End Dynamic Theme and the Desert Weapon customization.
That’s quite the number of special editions and pre-order bonuses for an Uncharted 4 that’s seven months away. It’s always hard to tell what will go quickly, though, so pre-ordering early may be the best way to ensure you get the physical goodies from the Special and Collector’s Editions.
[Images via PlayStation Blog]