We all know that celebrities are paid big money, but there are some who receive more than others. Every year, Forbes releases a list of the highest-paid actors and actresses on film and television, and on August 25, the World's Highest-Paid TV Actors of 2015 list was published.
The list provided great news for The Big Bang Theory stars, particularly the four leading men in the show, as they all made the Top 3 list.
In previous reports last year, it was said that the production of the CBS sitcom was halted as The Big Bang Theory's cast members were negotiating a raise with the big bosses of the network. After negotiations, the salary of Jim Parsons (Sheldon), Johnny Galecki (Leonard), and Kaley Cuoco-Sweeting (Penny) were bumped up to $1 million per episode, as Digital Spy previously reported. Meanwhile, their two co-stars, Simon Helberg (Howard) and Kunal Nayyar (Raj), were also given significant raises.
In addition, the five original cast members of The Big Bang Theory were also given one percent in royalties. Since The Big Bang Theory stars have each signed three-year contracts, they will be earning big bucks for the next few seasons of the hit comedy series.
As another Digital Spy report states, No. 1 on the list of highest-paid actors this 2015 is Jim Parsons at $29 million. His Big Bang Theory buddy, Johnny Galecki, takes the No. 2 spot at $27 million. Meanwhile, tied on the third spot are Simon Helberg, Kunal Nayyar, and Mark Harmon at $20 million each.
Mark Harmon, who plays Gibbs on NCIS, got into the Top 3 spot, thanks to the success of the TV series. The Forbes report states that NCIS was the No. 1 scripted drama on television, with a viewership of 18.3 million in the 18 to 49 demographic. The show, which is a spin-off of the TV series JAG, first aired back in 2003 and it will be premiering Season 13 on September 22.
See the complete list below:
- Jim Parsons ($29 million) - The Big Bang Theory
- Johnny Galecki ($27 million) - The Big Bang Theory
- Mark Harmon ($20 million) - NCIS
- Simon Helberg ($20 million) - The Big Bang Theory
- Kunal Nayyar ($20 million) - The Big Bang Theory
- Ashton Kutcher ($20 million) - Two and a Half Men
- Jon Cryer ($15 million) - Two and a Half Men
- Ray Romano ($15 million) - Parenthood
- Patrick Dempsey ($12 million) - Grey's Anatomy
- Simon Baker ($12 million) - The Mentalist
- Ty Burrell ($11.5 million) - Modern Family
- Jesse Tyler Ferguson ($11 million) - Modern Family
- Ed O'Neill ($10.5 million) - Modern Family
- Eric Stonestreet ($10.5 million) - Modern Family
- Kevin Spacey ($9.5 million) - House of Cards
[Brad Barket/Jamie McCarthy/Christopher Polk/Jason Merritt/Vince Bucci/Getty Images]