Zayn Malik has finally spoken out about One Direction’s new single “Drag Me Down.” The boy band dropped their new single, to the surprise of their fans, on Friday, July 31. Fans have been wondering what Zayn thinks of 1D’s new single.
Zayn Malik has finally broken his silence. The heartthrob took to Twitter to share his thoughts on One Direction’s new single “Drag Me Down,” which has been burning up the charts.
Mailk tweeted on Saturday, Aug. 1, “Proud of my boys the new single is sick. Big love. :)x.”
It’s good to know that Zayn and One Direction are still supportive of each other. Directioners thought that the band’s new song was a dig at Zayn, who previously said that he can’t wait to make “real music” since leaving the band four months ago.
Even an inside source told the Hollywood Life that Malik is totally supportive of the four remaining singers despite leaving the band. The insider also said that the ridiculously good-looking singer actually does love “Drag Me Down,” and isn’t just saying that to be nice.
“Zayn actually thinks the song is pretty good. He had a brotherhood with all of them for so long and he knows they are super talented and actually really likes the song. He isn’t going to promote it or anything but he is proud of them on how it turned out.”
One Direction’s new single “Drag Me Down” is the first song since Malik quit the band in March 2015, in the middle of their On The Road Again tour. The singer left Syco Music (and Naughty Boy behind) and recently signed on with RCA to kick off his solo music career.
Zayn took to Twitter on Thursday, July 30, to let his fans know. He wrote, “I guess I never explained why I left, it was for this moment to be given the opportunity to show you who I really am! #realmusic #RCA!!”
But fans thought that Malik’s tweet was a dig at 1D. That doesn’t seem like the case now since Malik is super supportive of the band’s new song.
Zayn left One Direction because he wanted “to be a normal 22-year-old who is able to relax and have some private time out of the spotlight.” However, it was quickly revealed that Zayn has been working on starting his solo career. Although he’s not able to release any new music for two years, he’s still been seen working hard on his solo project at a London recording studio.
Meanwhile, One Direction surprised fans with their new single without Malik. That means that the boys are getting ready to announce their fifth studio album release and new world tour in coming months. Fans can’t wait to get the details of One Direction’s new album.
Directioners not only had to deal with Zayn’s sudden split from the band earlier this year; they also had to deal with the news that Louis Tomlinson is expecting his first child with stylist Briana Jungwirth.
Some have noted that it’s a coincidence that One Direction released “Drag Me Down” just days after Zayn Malik signed onto RCA. Both 1D and Malik insist that there’s no more bad blood between them.
[Image: Pascal Le Segretain/Getty Images]