For more than a year, K-pop idol and K-drama star Kim Hyun Joong has been in a heated court case with his ex-girlfriend, who is identified as “Choi,” over pregnancy allegations. Over the course of the case, Choi claims her first pregnancy was miscarried, but she was currently in her second pregnancy, in which Hyun Joong was the father in both. However, Hyun Joong’s legal team believes the pregnancies to be a farce, followed up by the intent to press a counter lawsuit.
Now, Choi has revealed a shocking truth on behalf of her side. If what she says and what she provided turns out to be valid, it just may turn the tide for the lawsuit.
Choi (also known as Miss A) has recently released a statement pertaining to the lawsuit battle she is in with popular K-pop idol and K-drama actor, Kim Hyun Joon, as reported by Koreaboo. From what she says, the reason why she’s finally releasing such a statement is because Hyun Joong was allegedly using the media to turn public opinion against her. Through her official statement, Choi has nine specific details pertaining to the case.
- Kim Hyun Joong’s lawyer tried to deny the three allegations.
- The three allegations are pregnancy, beating, and miscarriage.
- Choi’s pregnancy cannot be denied since Kim Hyun Joong has acknowledged the pregnancy through text messages.
- Choi also sent the series of text messages to a friend for discussion.
- Kim Hyun Joong has admitted to the beatings in December and made her sign a paper relieving him of his charges before she got back together with him.
- The alleged miscarriage happened when she was beaten after finding Kim Joong Hyun naked at his home with another actress.
- Choi plans to subpoena the other actress in order for her to testify as a witness.
- Choi admits all of this pain has happened to her due to her fault of loving Kim Hyun Joong, getting pregnant, getting beaten, and even getting back together with him. However, all she wants is the truth to be out in the public before she seeks forgiveness from him.
- Kim Hyun Joong is begging Choi to only sue him for assault and not mention any other allegations such as the pregnancy or miscarriage.
Though all the text messages are at the initial source, the one that should be looked into is when Kim Hyun Joong begged Choi only to sue him for assault in which the text message is attached to the right. A translation is provided below for those who are unable to read Hangul.
Kim Hyun Joong: “Get all of the documents back from him”
Kim Hyun Joong: “And then”
Kim Hyun Joong: “After you get a new lawyer”
Kim Hyun Joong: “Sue me for assault”
Kim Hyun Joong: “And not for bodily damage and causing death (miscarriage)”
Kim Hyun Joong: “Then I’ll make my apology statement and stuff”
Miss A: “What are you talking about.. the documents already went in..”
As mentioned by KpopStarz, the new evidence will further complicate the legal battle between Kim Hyun Joong and his ex-girlfriend Choi. The latter is seeking damages for assault, miscarriage, and emotional trauma from the whole ordeal. If these text messages are proven valid, she may actually win.
[Featured Image via Kim Hyun Joong’s Official Facebook Page, Post Image via Choi’s Statement]