Wow. What a cover: Lynne Spears is contemplating the semi-disastrous antics of her spawn while simultaneously making money. Her memoir is hitting bookstores on August 16th after a lengthy delay (when Jamie Lynn threw a wrench in it after getting pregnant), and I frankly can’t wait to read this:
Lynne was just an ordinary Southern mom when the overnight success of her daughter Britney shoved the Spears family into the blinding limelight glare.
Through the Storm takes readers beyond the reach of the paparazzi and outside the narrow orbit of the Hollywood glitterati to share the inside story of the Spears family-as only a mother can tell it.
In this openhearted memoir, Lynne speaks about Britney, Jamie Lynn, Bryan, ex-husband Jamie, herself, and their lives together from Louisiana to Los Angeles, including…
Oh yeah, there’s more!
* Lynne’s backseat role in Britney’s path to fame and how it forever changed their family
* Her regret in abdicating parental authority to managers, agents, and record companies
* The challenges that shaped Lynne and Jamie’s marriage and how that affected Bryan, Britney, and Jamie Lynn
* Her response to Jamie Lynn’s pregnancy
* The startling events that led to Britney’s meltdown and Lynne’s showdown with manager Sam Lufti
* How faith, family, and friendships have been her harbor in the storm of paparazzi, tabloid scribblers, and gossip hounds
Sincere, self-effacing, sometimes spunky, Lynne’s memoir reveals the heart of a mother who has struggled through difficult times and how she has held onto her faith and her sense of humor as she tries to hold onto her family.