Jeremih was arrested for a DUI following his birthday celebration on Friday, July 17.
According to TMZ, the California Highway Patrol stopped the “Planes” singer in the San Fernando Valley around 2:15 a.m. on Friday, and charged him with a misdemeanor DUI.
Jeremih’s birthday was on Friday, so it is assumed that he had been out partying and celebrating prior to his arrest. Unfortunately for him, he had to spend the rest of the night in jail, but was later released on Saturday morning, at approximately 11:00 a.m., after posting his $15,000 bail.
Apparently being arrested for driving under the influence didn’t phase the R&B singer too much, because it is reported that he drove to San Diego on Saturday night to continue the celebrations at Parq Restraurant & Nightclub.
Fans have anxiously been awaiting the release of Jeremih’s third studio album, Late Nights: The Album, which Hits Daily Double reported was originally scheduled for a release date of July 17. However, that day has already come and gone, leaving his fans wondering when they will get to purchase the much anticipated album, which features several hit songs, including “Don’t Tell Em” featuring YG, and “Planes” featuring J-Cole.
Even though his fans can’t buy his album yet, they can see the singer at one of the following locations.
- July 12 – Seattle, Wash. at White River Amphitheatre
- July 14 – San Francisco, Calif. at Shoreline Amphitheatre
- July 17 – San Diego, Calif. at Sleep Train Amphitheatre
- July 19 – Los Angeles, Calif. at Staples Center
- July 21 – Albuquerque, N.M. at Isleta Amphitheatre
- July 24 – St. Louis, Mo. at Hollywood Casino Amphitheatre
- July 25 – Detroit, Mich. at DTE Energy Music Theatre
- July 26 – Indianapolis, Ind. at Klipsch Music Theater
- July 28 – Chicago, Ill. at First Midwest Bank Amphitheatre
- July 30 – Pittsburgh, Pa. at First Niagara Pavilion
- July 31 – Camden, N.J. at Susquehanna Bank Center
- Aug. 3 – Holmdel, N.J. at PNC Bank Arts Center
- Aug. 4 – New York, N.Y. at Madison Square Garden
- Aug. 6 – Boston, Mass. at XFINITY Center
- Aug. 7 – Montreal, Quebec at Bell Centre
- Aug. 8 – Hartford, Conn. at XFINITY Theatre
- Aug. 9 – Washington, D.C. at Jiffy Lube Live
- Aug. 11 – Cincinnati, Ohio at Riverbend
- Aug. 12 – Charlotte, N.C. at PNC Music Pavilion
- Aug. 13 – Virginia Beach, Va. at Farm Bureau Live
- Aug. 15 – Atlanta, Ga. at Aaron’s Amphitheatre
- Aug. 16 – Tampa, Fla. at Midflorida Credit Union Amphitheatre
- Aug. 18 – West Palm Beach, Fla. at Coral Sky Amphitheatre
- Aug. 21 – Houston, Texas at Cynthia Woods Mitchell Pavilion
- Aug. 22 – Austin, Texas at Austin360 Amphitheatre
- Aug. 23 – Dallas, Texas at Gexa Energy Pavilion
- Aug. 25 – Denver, Colo. at Red Rocks Amphitheatre
Friday’s DUI arrest comes just months after Jeremih was arrested for disorderly conduct at Newark Airport in New Jersey, according to a previous report by the Inquisitr. Jeremih and two members of his entourage reportedly tried to board a flight after missing the final call. Rather than accept the fact that he had arrived too late to board the flight, one of the two guys who were with him tried to open the jetway door so they could enter the plane. This didn’t sit well with the airlines, who then contacted the authorities to place the three men under arrest.
“Along with Jeremih, who was charged with obstruction and disorderly conduct, police arrested Adam Woods, 27, and Dontate Cunningham, 26. Woods faces the same charges as Jeremih while Cunningham has been charged with defiant trespass.”
[Photo by Jason Merritt / Getty Images]