The wait for Ash (Bruce Campbell) to head back to any size screen is something that has been a long time coming for so many people. Finally, the full trailer for the Starz series Ash Vs. Evil Dead has debuted, and it is one of the most amazing things that has ever come forward. The King has indeed returned, baby.
The 10-episode first season of Ash Vs. Evil Dead will officially debut on Starz on Halloween night, October 31. It will be a half-hour weekly series that is half comedy and half horror, but all Bruce Campbell, per Wired.
This is, by far, one of the greatest trailers for any television show in a long time as it includes everything that fans of Ash and Evil Dead could want. It’s a stand-alone TV series, but stays perfectly connected to the film franchise that is a huge cult classic today.
Needless to say, Bruce Campbell has lost absolutely nothing over the years and is still truly awesome. The official synopsis for Ash Vs. Evil Dead even has a bit of snark to it that sounds like it came right from Ash himself.
“Campbell will be reprising his role as Ash, the stock boy, aging lothario and chainsaw-handed monster hunter who has spent the last 30 years avoiding responsibility, maturity and the terrors of the Evil Dead. When a Deadite plague threatens to destroy all of mankind, Ash is finally forced to face his demons –personal and literal. Destiny, it turns out, has no plans to release the unlikely hero from its ‘Evil’ grip.”
Collider revealed some more details on the show as the cast and crew appeared for a panel at San Diego Comic-Con. Campbell was joined by Lucy Lawless, Ivan Raimi, Sam Raimi, and Craig DeGragario to give some great info and fun times.
- Campbell gives credit to the fans for Ash Vs. Evil Dead and says that their “incessant hounding” is what wouldn’t let it die.
- The series is a direct continuation of Evil Dead and its storyline. Campbell says that it is “the craziest five-hour movie.”
- Starz allows the cast and crew to be unrestricted and like the first films which had no rating.
- Ash Vs. Evil Dead takes place 30 years after fans last saw Ash, and it actually takes places in present day time. Ash has spent the last 30 years being himself and a “rascal” as Campbell calls him.
- Season one shows how evil is released in very “Ash-like fashion” and watches him trying to recapture it again. It also breaks down the relationships he makes with the people that go with him in getting rid of the dead.
One of the greatest things that the panel kept letting the fans know is that the TV series will fit right in with the franchise and doesn’t veer. Campbell says that it’s just “like putting on this old comfortable slipper, ‘Oh, this feels good!'”
Starz really has hit the jackpot with this series and it’s still over three months from the Halloween night debut. Ash Vs. Evil Dead brings back Bruce Campbell in all his glory, and the trailer proves that and so much more so come get some.
[Image via Starz]