Fans of AMC’s The Walking Dead always look forward to San Diego Comic-Con as that is when the first full-length trailer for the next season is played as well as the official start date being announced. This year has been no exception. The brand new Walking Dead trailer runs at four minutes and announces the start date. But what’s the break down on what is to be expected in Season 6? Let’s have a look at the key features, but, as expected, spoilers abound in this article:
- There appears to be no direct references to the Wolves appearing in Season 6 of The Walking Dead, although there does seem to be conflict so fans can assume this is in relation to the Wolves coming into contact with Alexandria.
- There is also no direct mention of expected baddie Negan this season. Once again though, the conflict we see in the clip could also be potentially related to his appearance.
- Rick Grimes (played by Andrew Lincoln) and Morgan (Lennie James) appear to be in competition for Deanna’s (Tovah Feldshuh) approval in Season 6 of The Walking Dead. In fact, this forms the main basis for the whole Walking Dead trailer. There appears to be something that Rick is doing – or wants to do – that Morgan is opposed to. There is a moment that Morgan speaks and says “I know Rick, I can stop him,” that is particularly telling. It looks like the first half of the season at least could revolve around Rick, Morgan, Deanna, and the choices they mak and the sides they pick. It is hard to tell whose side Deanna is actually on as the clip alludes to the fact she is on Rick’s side at times and at other times she appears to be siding with Morgan. This will be interesting, especially considering Rick usually has Carol (Melissa McBride) on his side, and she is still known as the non-threatening grandma type. There is also suggestion that Michonne (Danai Gurura) and Daryl Dixon (Norman Reedus) also side with Rick, so it will be an uphill battle for those that choose Team Morgan. This conflict could also be what Norman Reedus was talking about recently when he said the start of Season 6 would set up the pace for the second half of the season.
- As well as this conflict, there is also the emergence of a Walking Dead new character that also seems in direct opposition to Rick and his group.
- There is a brief moment when fans get to see Glenn (Steven Yeun) and newcomer Heath (Corey Hawkins) fighting together against a horde of walkers. Fans of the comics books will know that this partner is a better pick for Glenn than his Season 5 partner, who managed to get Noah (Tyler James Williams) killed.
- Speaking of Glenn, there is a shot of a woman being consumed by walkers – could it be Maggie (Lauren Cohan)? Or possibly Tara (Alanna Masterson)?
- As this trailer for The Walking Dead comes to an end, fans discover it isn’t really the end at all, but, rather, a panicked look into Daryl Dixon held captive. While it appears he manages to escape, it also looks Daryl may not be that safe in Season 6 of The Walking Dead. Also, could this, once again, be a nod to the fact that things set up early on in the season will affect what happens further on towards the Season 6 finale.
Season 6 of The Walking Dead will premiere on Sunday October 11, 2015, on AMC. What do you think of the Season 6 trailer for The Walking Dead? Let us know by commenting below!
[Image credit: AMC screen capture]