With History Channel's Vikings turning up for their San Diego Comic Con panel on Friday, July 10, 2015, it gives fans the wonderful chance to act like a viking while attending. Besides cosplaying as your favorite Vikings character, there is plenty more on offer as History Channel recently shared on their Vikings website.
History Channel's Vikings PanelFriday, July 10, 2015 from 3:30 – 4:30 p.m. PTRoom 6A, San Diego Convention Center
Join Vikings cast members Travis Fimmel (Ragnar), Katheryn Winnick (Lagertha), Clive Standen (Rollo) and Alexander Ludwig (Bjorn) along with Michael Hirst (writer/creator) and Dirk Hoogstra (EVP & General Manager, History Channel) as they discuss what it is like working on the show, plus what is in store for Season 4 of Vikings.
Vikings Bludgeon Booth – Convention Center
Head along to booth #437 for a cinematic Instagram booth that lets fans reenact their favorite Viking battle.
- The Bludgeon Booth is a walk-in glass and wooden structure, equipped with multiple ultra-slow motion cameras
- Fans dress in authentic costume, choose their opponent and then swing their viking weapon to unleash special-effect blood splatter; cameras capture cinema-quality footage, which is compiled by on-site editors and integrated into a battle scene from the show
- 15-second clips depicting a viking battle are shareable via Instagram and other social platforms
Vikings Horns – Gaslamp District
Grab your own horn-shaped beer vessel and join in on all the viking fun. This event was a huge success last year.
- Local bars will offer special drink discounts for horn-holders. Locations: Tavern & Bowl, Analog Bar, Tin Roof, Double Standard, The New Yorker, Garage Kitchen & Bar, Florent Restaurant, La Puerta and The Shout House
- Vikings Brand Ambassadors and Shield Maidens will distribute the horns throughout the Gaslamp District
Vikings Longship – Downtown / Gaslamp District
As reported by the Inquistr last week, there will be a very special Vikings Longship on hand to take fans through the Downtown, Gaslamp Quarter on Friday, July 10, and Saturday, July 11. History Channel has just announced the schedule for this Vikings-inspired Longship:
Select fans will also have a chance to win a sunset cruise aboard the Longship with the cast of Vikings.
- Custom fabrication and boat wrap will transform a popular San Diego "Seal Boat" into a Vikings Longship
- The boat will offer fans free stops to select Gaslamp locations, with fans receiving a Vikings Drinking Horn at the conclusion of the ride.
- Mornings (9 a.m. – Noon PT): Harbor Drive Route: Pick-Up at Grand Hyatt / Drop-Off Convention Center (5th Avenue Landing)
- Afternoons (1 – 5 p.m. PT): Gaslamp Loop: Pick-Up and Drop-Off at 7th Avenue Parking Lot between Island and Market
Follow @HistoryVikings for details on how to get a Longship ride and win a chance to board the sunset cruise with the cast.
You can tweet about your Vikings experience at this years San Diego Comic Con by using the hashtag #VikingsSDCC
Fans are already using this hashtag:
Here you go, @OutsideComicCon. You nailed the phrase #VikingsSDCC #SDCC pic.twitter.com/MugXRo0O6sAre you heading to San Diego Comic Con 2015 dressed as your favorite Vikings character? Let us know by commenting below!
— Parks And Cons (@ParksAndCons) July 6, 2015
[Image credits: History Channel]