10-Year-Old Boy Hospitalized After Drinking Rum At Indianapolis Olive Garden

Police in Indianapolis have indicated that a waitress accidentally served rum to a 10-year-old boy at Olive Garden when the young customer ordered a non-alcoholic wildberry frullato daiquiri and was mistakenly served a drink containing rum.

The child consumed roughly 2 ounces of the 4 ounce drink prior to the waitress realizing the mistake she had made. Upon realizing, she informed management of her error and the restaurant’s manager informed the parents who subsequently decided to drive their child to the hospital in order to have him checked out.

While the boy was a little shaken up, tests conducted at the hospital revealed that the boy had less than 1% alcohol in his system.

No alcohol had been ordered by the family as indicated by their tab.

According to the local police, the waitress did not act with malicious intent and the incident was quite simply an accident. In response to the incident, Olive Garden released the following statement on Friday which was picked up by Fox 59:

“We find this situation completely unacceptable and we are extremely upset that this occurred. We have a zero tolerance policy for any violation of our responsible alcohol service policy, and the employee who served the wrong drink has been terminated. We are thankful that the child is OK and we will continue to work with the family to resolve this issue.”

The particular Olive Garden at which the incident occurred is located in the 6100 block of E. 82nd St., close to Castleton Square Mall.

Do you think Olive Garden was justified in firing the waitress who accidentally served rum to the 10-year-old boy?